Vietjet starting daily flights between Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh City

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Vietjet starting daily flights between Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh City

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Vietjet connects Ho Chi Minh City with Cambodian capital Phnom Penh
18 September 2017
- Vietjet has started selling tickets for the Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) – Phnom Penh (Cambodia) route. The new route will be put into operations as of November 24, 2017, looking to meet the trading and traveling demands between the two famous economic and financial hubs of Vietnam and Cambodia.

The Ho Chi Minh City – Phnom Penh route will be operated daily roundtrip with the flight time of 45 minutes per leg. The flight departs from Ho Chi Minh City at 17:35 (local time) and arrives in Phnom Penh at 18:20 (local time). The return flight takes off in Phnom Penh at 19:30 (local time) and arrives in Ho Chi Minh City at 20:15.
https://eturbonews.com/164915/vietjet-c ... phnom-penh

The new tickets look incredibly cheap.

Vietjet starts selling tickets of Hochiminh – Phnom Penh (Cambodia) route
(Ho Chi Minh City, September 17, 2017) – Vietjet starts selling tickets of Ho Chi Minh City – Phnom Penh (Cambodia) route with tickets priced from only VND199,000 (excluding taxes and fees). The new route will be put into operations as of November 24, 2017, looking to meet the trading and traveling demands between two famous economic, financial hubs of Vietnam and Cambodia...
http://www.vietjetair.com/Sites/Web/en- ... odia-route

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Vietjet starting daily flights between Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh City

Post by StroppyChops »

So $8USD... and then the usual $200 airport charges and taxes that usually come with these offers? Mind you, that makes a weekend getaway a whole lot easier.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

[quote=StroppyChops post_id=194796 time=1506163368 user_id=55]
So $8USD... and then the usual $200 airport charges and taxes that usually come with these offers? Mind you, that makes a weekend getaway a whole lot easier.

I haven't flown in a long time. So I don't know if you're exaggerating or not. If not could you give a rough breakdown of that $200?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

VietJet is cheap. Flew with them SGN to Cam Ranh (Nha Trang) last year for 370k vnd booked the day before. That's about $16.

The plane seemed a bit old, the pilots were just out of flight school and it was an up-and-down no-frills flight. Anyway, there plane was full and there were no problems. The only thing is that the weight limit is 7kg as far as I remember. They didn't count my laptop bag though.

The $8 for the SGN -PP flight is obviously a promotional fare available for a limited time. As it says, taxes and fees will be added, resulting in maybe half a mil?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Be interesting to see the difference in prices between the buses and new flight service.

the-road/new-deluxe-cambodia-thai-vietn ... 15465.html
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

taabarang wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:07 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:42 pm So $8USD... and then the usual $200 airport charges and taxes that usually come with these offers? Mind you, that makes a weekend getaway a whole lot easier.

I haven't flown in a long time. So I don't know if you're exaggerating or not. If not could you give a rough breakdown of that $200?
I'm taking a cheap shot at AirAsia and their ilk that advertise a special price of $99 but then by the time you've booked you end up paying $299. Some airlines give the final price straightup, others practice what is called trickle charging.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Vietjet Airlines Whiz In Style Into Phnom Penh
12 December 2017
- New-age airliner, Vietjet Air, celebrates another major milestone offering direct flight services between Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh from December 2017.

Since connecting Hanoi and Siem Reap by daily direct flights, Vietjet has been applauded for the extra convenience it provides to travellers shuttling between the countries of Vietnam and Cambodia.

This recent addition, linking the major hubs of Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh City, marks yet another significant milestone for the recently-listed airline company. The flight between the two cities takes approximately 45 minutes each way, reducing an otherwise long travelling time which people are usually required to spend by road.

The flights are scheduled to leave from Ho Chi Minh City daily at 5.35pm local time and arrive in Phnom Penh at 6.20pm local time. From Phnom Penh, a daily flight departs at 7.30pm to arrive in Ho Chi Minh City at 8.15pm.
https://www.asialifemagazine.com/cambod ... hnom-penh/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Fucking cute!!!!!! Image

Will they let me put my bike on board? Gone are the days when one needed to fly through that racist pig country to get back to the hearth.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

also now flying Saigon ( i just prefer the old name) -Phuket
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I bet Jamie is already booking his ticket on Vietjet so he can check out the air hostess's.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic