Does anyone know what the 5 new bus routes are?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Does anyone know what the 5 new bus routes are?

Post by monomial »

According to the Khmer Times today, we are getting 5 new bus routes, starting as early as Friday.

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5080573/fiv ... -unveiled/

Does anyone have information on where these are going to run? I have tried to find more information, but there doesn't appear to be anything in the English language press that gives any specifics.

Does anyone know anything about them?
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Does anyone know what the 5 new bus routes are?

Post by monomial »

So an update,

I don't know where the rest of the routes are, but at least 1 of the new routes is numbered "5". It appears to follow the same route as #2, in that it heads up/down Mao Tse Tong. However, it turns west just north of Russian Blvd. about 1 km before it gets to the Toul Kork antenna. I couldn't understand the driver with regards to where the route actually goes, but if anyone has more information I'd like to hear it. An important consideration though...if you are waiting for the bus on Mao Tse Tong and want to go to northern Toul Kork or the Riverside, make sure you get on the correct bus.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

I expect the info will be released soon in the Daily. Oh, wait a minute... I'm sure the KT will cover it.
See crook!!!
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

I wonder if they will publish tomorrow?
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

mauser765 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:50 am I wonder if they will publish tomorrow?
I would say not. That last article about the arrest was written by just about evey journalist on the paper. It read to me like some sort of group signout.
See crook!!!
lordofmisrule
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by lordofmisrule »

I saw one of the new busses today, golden color, china aid written on the side, at the front, a number 2, I feel fairly sure of that. It was driving along Norodom toward monivong bridge anyway, just by the CPP buildings.
Marcus-Darkus
Expatriate

Post by Marcus-Darkus »

Does anyone know if the local buses run over Pchum Ben? I need to take one Wednesday afternoon to the airport.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

The new number 2 route runs north from Takmao (as before) but when it gets to the Monivong Bridge, it continues straight onto Norodom. As far as I can tell, it goes right up Norodom then up France street to the Old Stadium and thence to Tuol Kork. Terminus at Aeon Mall 2. During Khmer New Year, the buses not only ran to the airport, they were free.
Marcus-Darkus
Expatriate

Post by Marcus-Darkus »

Thanks for your reply. I'll be heading to Kampuchea Blvd shortly, hopefully, it is running.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic