Does a Honda Chaly need plates?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
giblet
Expatriate

Does a Honda Chaly need plates?

Post by giblet »

I've been told that Honda Chalys don't need to be regged/plated because they are so slow they don't count as a vehicle. Is this possibly true?
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: Does a Honda Chaly need plates?

Post by flying chicken »

According to Cambodia's law (told by a traffic cop friend) all bikes need to have plate regardless of its size and engine. But the traffic cops dont normally pay attention to bikes like Honda Chaly anyway. But just letting you know in case the driver of the bike had an accident and injuring others on the road doesnt matter if it she/he fault wasnt at fault; they will be hold accountable; and worse if the bike doesnt have a registration card.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

flying chicken wrote:But just letting you know in case the driver of the bike had an accident and injuring others on the road doesnt matter if it she/he fault wasnt at fault; they will be hold accountable; and worse if the bike doesnt have a registration card.
Isn't the true if a foreigner is involved in an accident, anyway?
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

giblet wrote:
flying chicken wrote:But just letting you know in case the driver of the bike had an accident and injuring others on the road doesnt matter if it she/he fault wasnt at fault; they will be hold accountable; and worse if the bike doesnt have a registration card.
Isn't the true if a foreigner is involved in an accident, anyway?
Right, carry as little cash and hopefully that will be enough.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

The hope is that not much damage can be done on a Honda Chaly, anyway. I assume that if I get hit no one would pay for it anyway (other than my insurance company).
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

I wonder if a Chaly has ever been stolen? Would seem a low probability to me.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

Anything not nailed down is vulnerable.

My gf's father had his cheap nokia phone stolen. What kinda of resale does that bring? $5?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic