Current visa exemption for Cambodian nationals?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Current visa exemption for Cambodian nationals?

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Anyone one recently crossed a land border with a Cambodian national?
They used to be allowed 30 days then 15 and but it seems Cambodia recently granted 30 days to Thais so hopping it might be a new bilateral agreement.

Phnom Penh thai Ambassy website explains pretty clearly up to date conditions for every nationality (since last august Nigerians need a special clean drug records :mrgreen: ) but I couldn't find much for Cambodians nationals except about the embassy issued 60 days tourist visas.

Does the twice a year land border crossing rule applies to Cambodian nationals too?

Last but not least I am also interested in fresh experience crossing the border with a Cambodian plated car, is it business as usual?

Cheers,

BDS
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Current visa exemption for Cambodian nationals?

Post by phuketrichard »

1. khmers get 15 days visa exempt entries by land or air
2 . yes 2 land visa exempt entries/year ( unlimited if they have a visa) except for border areas.
3. new regulations concerning cars into Thailand, ( except Laos, Malay or Singaporean cars/bikes) not as easy as just rolling up and driving in..
http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/wor ... t-controls
Last edited by phuketrichard on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

2. I don't believe the 2 land border crossings per year limit applies to ASEAN passport holders, but I could be wrong.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:27 pm 1. khmers get 15 days visa exempt entries by land or air
2 . yes 2 land visa exempt entries/year ( unlimited if they have a visa) except for border areas.
3. new regulations concerning cars into Thailand, ( except Laos, Malay or Singaporean cars/bikes) not as easy as just rolling up and driving in..
http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/wor ... t-controls

3. That is an old article and many people have entered Thailand on Cambodian wheels since it was posted hence not accurate afaik, yet the reason why I would prefer confirmation before departing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic