Travelling Solo

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Travelling Solo

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Schizophrenics are never alone!

charlie
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Don't worry OP, due to the massive influx of hipsters over the last few years there are now plenty of "safe spaces" for all the special little snowflakes, these are usually under the guise of vegan restaurants serving avocado lattes and holding cat yoga sessions.
theghost
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by theghost »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 pm Don't worry OP, due to the massive influx of hipsters over the last few years there are now plenty of "safe spaces" for all the special little snowflakes, these are usually under the guise of vegan restaurants serving avocado lattes and holding cat yoga sessions.
PSD is onto something here , the world has gone soft aand the feminists have to much power.

I make 1500 AUD cleared a week .

The feminist I here also are. Fat and have hair died pubic and under arm hair.

The mum the feminazi west

The feminist website otherwise known as

CAMBBODIaCEOONLINe
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

absurd and infantile comment as usual.
if i have to disapprove 2 more of your posts tonight you get 24
no one cares how many pacific pesos you make.
oddly some members here make that without handling a shovel or stop/go sign or whatever it is you do.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

@ OP. You'll be fine. The biggest dangers in Phnom Penh are the expats.
And the traffic.
Look both ways three times, and don't trust anyone you meet in a bar. :beer2:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

PP is ok, you will be fine- just don't display your phone in public and you won't be a target.
avoid hard drugs- even the pharmacy kind.
don't be too put off by the comments on the old forum. it is kind of geezer navel gazing and not really directed at you personally. more about their own history- which is quite valid to a point.
but not absolute.

some of the really judgemental posters speak from very bitter experience.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 pm and holding cat yoga sessions.
:D

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

You laugh... But cat yoga and dog yoga are the new hipster craze...they actually hold their pets whilst doing their yoga poses, apparently it is supposed to create a closer bond between humans and their pets!

As stupid an idea as it is, at least beer yoga involves drinking beer.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

If you only go out with cash that you're going to spend then you're golden. I never wear jewellery anyhow, but unless you are trying to impress the locals with your bling I don't see the point. Same as not standing at the side of the road with your $1000 iphone, there are bag-snatchers on motorbikes in every country. If you yell "jao, jao" and run after them waving your fist the majority of locals will try and stop them and beat them. They don't like them either
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 pm absurd and infantile comment as usual.
if i have to disapprove 2 more of your posts tonight you get 24
no one cares how many pacific pesos you make.
oddly some members here make that without handling a shovel or stop/go sign or whatever it is you do.
I hope that's 24 months or, even better, 24 years.

OP, I can't speak for everyone who comes to PP, of course, but if you are a common sense individual with an open mind you will be okay. Don't equate Phnom Penh with Pattaya or Angeles City. There are similarities to be sure and if that's what you're looking for you'll love it. Like any major metro area don't leave your brain in your $4.00 a night hostel.

If you're looking for unlimited sex with ladyboys or a continual supply of good ole' teeth rotting meth, I suggest getting in touch with CEO member "theghost". He makes oodles of dollars and will probably show you a real good time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic