WANTED: 2-stroke (Keep your eyes peeled!)

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

WANTED: 2-stroke (Keep your eyes peeled!)

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Hey,

I've been looking for a 2-stroke dirt bike on and off for maybe two months now. If you see/hear of one for sale, please let me know. Ideally a 125cc-250cc. No tax needed... Just a CHEAP play bike. I've seen a few in Khmer shops and besides not knowing anything about them (saw an old battered KTM at one place and they didn't even know what a 2-stroke was... Yes, it needs oil in there!).

Prices are totally out of wack... 2200$ for a 20 year-old bike that it obviously battered and no one wants. I didn't bother bargaining as it's obvious the shop owner was taking the piss.

Anyways, if you hear of one, let me know.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: WANTED: 2-stroke (Keep your eyes peeled!)

Post by General Mackevili »

Nobody's seen one?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

I just got a PM! I've seen a few bikes and I think my mind is almost set on a particular one but I've got two more bikes to see. One which was posted on K440 by Pedro (he's yet to give me directions) and another interesting one offered via PM. A few shops are also on the lookout for me but I suspect their prices will be a tad higher.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Actually big thumbs down... The guy who PMed me is well known on K440 (in an infamous way) and essentially tried selling me the very bike Pedro talked about on K440. I'd exchanged PMs with Pedro before and the bike is clearly for sale there at 450$ (and worth far less) but the user in question told me he had a bike for sale for 750$... Not knowing it was the same I was interested until he sends me the very picture Pedro posted on K440... /facepalm When I call him out on his little game he switches his tune saying "the bike isn't available", then backtracks and says the money would have gone into fixing it and a fee "for his trouble". LOL Why would I want a broker?!
Nice try dipshit. As I said: had you been open about it it would be one thing, instead you tried to play middleman and sell me a crap bike you don't even own for a hefty profit on your part. Trying to make a quick buck off expats in a deceitful way? Priceless...

Our exchanges are quite amusing... Feel free to delete this if it breaks any rules. I've never posted any PM in public and I'm careful not to name the person in question, but someone less careful might have fallen for this guy's con-like ways.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

^ Geez, good thing you found out in time, what a w*nker!
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

I think you should name the culprit , I'll bet you were not the first and you shouldn't help him to take advantage of others by not naming him.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

LOL the guy has now sunk to the old "You can't afford to ride what I have! Go get some money!" remarks (totally unrelated to what I was addressing). I don't feel the need to out him just yet but I think it's pretty easy to guess who this guy is, given his very bad rep on K440. I'm willing to bet that the first three usernames that pop in anyone's head, his will be in there. He can be ok at times and I've never had a personal issue with him, but this kind of pissed me off (for obvious reasons).
rick o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick o'shea »

So that's what scobie does for a living, huh?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

That's pretty ordinary behaviour by an expat.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic