Policy statement

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Policy statement

Post by Kammekor »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:13 pm
YOU may be a Wanker and YOU may have a long nose, but I highly suspect that someone who looks down on their own race probably looks down on others as well. Righteous indignation aside, such racist epithets are deplorable regardless of skin color. Change your drugs.
a great illustration of the shoe on the other foot and how Khmers must feel when they are routinely highly disrespected by foreigners living in Cambodia!
in our case ( foreigners ) i think it is more of a colonial mind set though it manifests in racist terms.
I must confess to trolling a bit with the long nose stuff- but trolling often has a provocative kernel of truth in it.
When surrounded by people 'routinely highly disrespecting' Cambodians maybe it's time to change your inner circle?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

theghost wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:13 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:50 pm
the khmers people are only tolerating your long noses until the nationalists get in a kick all barang out next year
what with USA the largest trading partner?
I doubt it.
Bah a third of Cambodia pretty much belongs to China, they can control from Beijing.

America has little to know control .
You must be joking, the USD controls the entire Cambodian economy, not the Chinese Yuan. The last few months the USD has lost about 15% against nearly all currencies around the world, but against the Khmer Riel the value remained 4000 to a USD. No influence? The USD is effectively the local currency....
theghost
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by theghost »

They also want the money changed to a single currency country (riel only) by 2020
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

people want all kinds of things. it would happen next week if really wanted.
but it won't
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

theghost wrote:They also want the money changed to a single currency country (riel only) by 2020
I want you to learn to spell...

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

theghost wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:45 am Yes the Nationalists will eradicate barang businesses and make work permits hard to get maybe harder than Thailand .
Assuming this clown means the CNRP, that's absolute garbage as they have closer links to the west than the ruling party and much more to lose by putting in policies like that.
You want CPP to will unless your a complete imbecile barang
Another of this clown's intended messages gets lost in obscurity due to his complete lack of comprehension of the English language. That shit just doesn't make sense.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

just wondering: was there a consensus on the one week ban?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic