Diving instructor fighting for his life after stroke in Thailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Stoke at 39? Seems a bit curious...

Oh, it's Ko Tao. Never mind.

"Dan Robinson, 39, who is originally from Deighton, suffered a stroke where he lives on Ko Tao, an island in the Gulf of Thailand.

The former Greenhead College student, who has been living in Thailand for several years, was taken ill on Wednesday - a year to the day since he married his partner Jurait."

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/diving-i ... r-13593823
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Diving instructor fighting for his life after stroke in Thailand

Post by MikeMike58 »

I read where it's common knowledge within the diving community of the danger of stroke. Makes sense to me. Hope he comes through okay.
theghost
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by theghost »

MikeMike58 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:06 pm I read where it's common knowledge within the diving community of the danger of stroke. Makes sense to me. Hope he comes through okay.
Living in SEA has a dangerous of stroke
theghost
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by theghost »

MikeMike58 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:06 pm I read where it's common knowledge within the diving community of the danger of stroke. Makes sense to me. Hope he comes through okay.
Mods are faggots
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

2 warnings before 8 AM so take a day off
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

sigmoid wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:23 pm Diving instructor fighting for his life after stroke in Thailand

Stoke at 39? Seems a bit curious...

Oh, it's Ko Tao. Never mind.

"Dan Robinson, 39, who is originally from Deighton, suffered a stroke where he lives on Ko Tao, an island in the Gulf of Thailand.

The former Greenhead College student, who has been living in Thailand for several years, was taken ill on Wednesday - a year to the day since he married his partner Jurait."

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/diving-i ... r-13593823
Actually I had one when 41 it was caused by artery lining failing - in 20% of cases it just happens it called spontaneous - just an internal failure but can happen when in violent movement such as vehicle accident, jumping etc, been known to happen when people jump off walls etc not even high ones for example .

technical term what happened to me was vertebral artery dissection. That can happen at any age even to otherwise healthy people. Since then I became unhealthy - didnt see any need in this health shit after that just happens......
Hope this person recovers I did not follow the link to read his story though...
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

I read where it's common knowledge within the diving community of the danger of stroke. Makes sense to me. Hope he comes through okay.
Good point. I failed to make that connection with diving.

I thought maybe he was poisoned by the Southern Thai mafia, some rival diving company, etc.
Actually I had one when 41 it was caused by artery lining failing - in 20% of cases it just happens it called spontaneous - just an internal failure but can happen when in violent movement such as vehicle accident, jumping etc, been known to happen when people jump off walls etc not even high ones for example .

technical term what happened to me was vertebral artery dissection. That can happen at any age even to otherwise healthy people. Since then I became unhealthy - didnt see any need in this health shit after that just happens......
Thanks for sharing this info and hope you had a good if not full recovery.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

sigmoid wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 pm

I thought maybe he was poisoned by the Southern Thai mafia, some rival diving company, etc.

I certainly wouldn't take that of the table, foul play that is, these days. It's too easy to be cynical with all the nasty things that do happen. Gotta suck either way. Yeah, one_dolla, vertebral artery dissection, just the name alone gives you the creeps. Glad you made it through.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

MikeMike58 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:10 am
sigmoid wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 pm

I certainly wouldn't take that of the table, foul play that is, these days. It's too easy to be cynical with all the nasty things that do happen. Gotta suck either way. Yeah, one_dolla, vertebral artery dissection, just the name alone gives you the creeps. Glad you made it through.
Thanks both of you .. :thumb: good recovery couple of little issues but nothing to complain about!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I think it's safe to assume the recent visit by the Thai general was not a bilateral trade discussion like stated but more a fact finding mission.

He was only in cambodia for less than 24 hours so I wonder if he got some good information.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic