Oh no, is this the end of happy ringpull prizes ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Oh no, is this the end of happy ringpull prizes ?

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:36 pm you normally only pay if you want cans with the winning pull-tabs, otherwise you just get the regular pull tabs.

Cambodia beer by the way.
this was my understanding too
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i ended up saving up a bag full of winning beer tabs this year and ended up giving them to my landladys husband as i left as a tip for his good security duties, he was best pleased
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:15 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:36 pm you normally only pay if you want cans with the winning pull-tabs, otherwise you just get the regular pull tabs.

Cambodia beer by the way.
this was my understanding too
Quite often the mom n pop store I buy my beer from will just give me cases with the winning tabs ️anyway without charging, but I've been a loyal customer for years ( I hate to think how much money I'd save if I stopped drinking beer, lol...thankfully a case is only $11, not NZ or Aussie prices!).
lordofmisrule
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by lordofmisrule »

I hope this doesn't end soon, I have nearly six crates to redeem
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

lordofmisrule wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:50 am I hope this doesn't end soon, I have nearly six crates to redeem
I'm fairly sure they don't accept the ringpulls if they are too old, so take care.

Cruisemonkey wrote:I've never won ANYTHING. Should I drink more?
Maybe you are not drinking the right brand of beer. :dm:
If in doubt, drink more anyway and see what happens.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:53 pm
lordofmisrule wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:50 am I hope this doesn't end soon, I have nearly six crates to redeem
I'm fairly sure they don't accept the ringpulls if they are too old, so take care.
Yeah, they change the design slightly every now and then and stop accepting the old ones.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cambodia beer are you kidding me?

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

They have banned the advertising of the prizes only.

I expect its similar to that time alcohol advertising on billboards was banned a few years ago.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Hahaha....the first one of those I pulled my first reaction was that I'd won $1000, short lived obviously/unfortunately...now I seem to get just as many of the 1000KHR tabs as 1 free beer tabs
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:12 pm Hahaha....the first one of those I pulled my first reaction was that I'd won $1000, short lived obviously/unfortunately...now I seem to get just as many of the 1000KHR tabs as 1 free beer tabs
Bingo. That's what I thought and Mrs Cargo was at the market at the time so I excitedly sent her the pic and she replied with 'wow'........I obviously didn't get the sarcasm until she got home.. Yuh, this is the first one I've pulled and not even worth a free can. Boo!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic