Pot Black

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Pot Black

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:50 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:17 pm That sounds great, any pool tables or strictly snooker?
no pool tables but they did have some pool balls that the khmers were playing with on the table behind ours (you can see in the pic)
although they werent playing pool but some game involving money
dont all games on pool tables involve $$$

We used to play a game using small disks that had a number on it, each player got one disk and placed it face down on the table.
each player would than shoot in turn the balls 1-15 ( we called it Chicago) and the one that got the number on the disk got paid :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
teakman
Tourist
Canada

Post by teakman »

there's a snooker hall on st 63 on the right-hand/east side of the street just south of st 154. has a few tables under fans but also 3-4 air-con rooms with 1-4 tables in each room. I was quoted $4/hr for an air-con table. they had a food /drink menu as well. I didn't play since the only available tables were under the fans so I can't comment on the state of the tables. there's another I used to play in which is on St 113 just north of Sihanouk blvd on the west side of the street. it's got covered parking on the ground floor and an air-con area on the first floor with about 6-7 tables. nice tables/cues with some cues for sale. cost was $5/hr(2yrs ago) with food/drinks available. some of the girls working can give you a good game if you're by yourself. a real nice place for a few games on a rainy day.
teakman
Tourist
Canada

Post by teakman »

hi phuket richard. we used to play the same game(chicago) but had numbered little ping pong balls from 1-15 to pick from. you won when you potted your number but lost if someone potted yours and thus you were out of the game. best was with 4 players. anymore than that,you were likely to get tossed out even before you had a shot. another game was "poker pool" with everyone(4player max ) getting a five card hand. ace=1 and so on to 10 with Jack=11,queen=12,king=13.the no. 14-15balls were free balls. when one of your numbered balls was potted,you had to lay that card(s) down on the table. the first one to have all their cards down won and would collect from the others. we'd play for 25 cents /number so if you were stuck holding one number,you'd lose 25 cents. two numbers 50 cents and so on. the games were played fairly quickly so over a course of 2-3 hrs. one can win/lose a bundle.
we always played on snooker tables with money games such as golf,skittles(little bowling pins),killer,snooker with obstacles(skittle pins),follow(snooker variant) and numerous other ones. great fun all of them.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Nothing beats a fast game of 9 ball :-)

to get ur game together we played one pocket
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
teakman
Tourist
Canada

Post by teakman »

by one pocket you mean there's only a single pocket to pot all the balls in.challenging sure but fast hardly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

9 ball is a fast money game
one pocket;
each player gets one corner pocket to place his balls
need to know ur angle's for this game :-)
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

The Hustler a good movie.

Check this out

kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by kennzo »

Perhaps not relevant for most (but near me) there looks to be a large snooker hall across from the entrance to Borey Peng Huoth (highway 1).....lots of tables and large area, but open front so I'm guessing no air con. I'll check it out and post here later.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic