Koh Kong

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Koh Kong

Post by John Bingham »

bangkokhooker wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:29 pm Also, if the land owners land is washed away further down stream and creates a new piece of land the owner of the lost land can claim that land within 12 months.
That's bizarre, I wonder if there are any cases of it ever happening?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

So using the same logic, the Singaporeans are stealing sand from people upstream by dredging within a year of it being deposited?

Agree, bizarre.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Technically/legally....No immovable structures are legally allowed to be constructed within 20 meters (iirc) from the rivers edge...I have a copy of the Prakas on this somewhere, will try and dig it up.

Reality...do what you want.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 pm :facepalm:
^ This.
Don't feed the unbalanced.

The only land he's aquired is the mud on his shoes.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

bangkokhooker wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 pm
^ This.

Two clowns need to read what kiwi posted.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:22 pm Technically/legally....No immovable structures are legally allowed to be constructed within 20 meters (iirc) from the rivers edge...I have a copy of the Prakas on this somewhere, will try and dig it up.

Reality...do what you want.
For the two clowns.
Arthur Schopenhauer
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:18 pm As mentioned, it rains a lot in Koh Kong. I have no clue about bees, don't they need meadows or something? Would forested or jungle areas be sufficient? I've never actively looked at rents there, but I'd assume you could easily get something for $200/month. What are your requirements? A house on some farmland or in the city? Do you need proper land surrounding it? I don't see why being close to Trat would be an advantage in any way unless you need to get special supplies or something.
Jungle honey is the best. There are a lot of poor people in the countryside Frank. I'm sure you could negotiate your right price, especially if you went with the right local translator. $100 extra a month is a big income for some farmers.
I think being next to any border right now isn't a bad thing. Trat used to be a nice quiet town, getting more developed now. I like the idea of being that close to decent hospitals etc.
See crook!!!
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Legally no tourist is allowed to rent a Moto.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

mauser765 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:14 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 pm
^ This.

Two clowns need to read what kiwi posted.
You assume far too much.

As it happens, I have around 3 ha of land out there somewhere (flb could rent it). It has a small river/stream running through it. Do you really think I would be building any structure within range of any potential future flooding or erosion?

Bring on Kiwi's prakas.

Oh and by the way, I believe FLB was inquiring about rental prices in KK. Not about buying land and distance from rivers to build, etc.

:BangHead:
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

I know. That's why I told the guy who advertised a place for sale flb wanted to rent. Get it?

I trust kiwi's information. He's reliable.

He has never let us down

Go and play with your new friend.
Arthur Schopenhauer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic