Blatant plug for new bar opening Thursday

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Blatant plug for new bar opening Thursday

Post by jah steu »

kiwiincambodia wrote:So Jah Steu, no one took the bait for the indirect question.

How was opening night?

If you meet me in person you will know me by so no means disrespect, but what sets your new bar apart from your old bar?

If you say cleaner toilets I won't believe you. LOL
Opening night was a relief: everything worked - the music, draft machine, toilets, parking, etc. It was a "soft opening" rather than a big party (that is on August 2nd).
We were steadily busy for most of the night and takings were reasonable considering we were offering first drinks free.

What sets us apart from the 'old' bar? Very good question. The basic premise of hostess bars is as described in earlier posts above: chatting and flirting with friendly attractive girls in a pleasant environment with good music and reasonable drinks prices. Plus the possibility of taking one of the girls out with you.

So we will aim to do all of the above a bit better, rather than have a radical new aspect that makes us very different to all other bars. Attention to the small things also, for example having specific music playlists for our regular higher value customers so they always get their preferred music when they are in the bar. And making sure that every customer receives a smiling happy reception when they enter the bar.

We did a customer survey in the old bar and guys wanted friendly happy girls together with good (non deafening) music above everything else. This is what we will focus on.

I think a lot of regulars develop a bar 'circuit' that they go around, and we will aim to become part of this circuit for as many guys as possible.

There will be two things that other bars don't have, but they are still works in progress and due for launch within the next month, so l'll keep you in suspense!

And yes our toilets are very nice.... :-)
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Don't include beer during 'Happy Hr' then. IIWY, I would just give doubles for the single price - no extra labor or mixer cost. If you get say 25 shots/liter and say Maker's Mark costs you $25, obviously the pouring cost is $1. If the customer gets a double for $5, he's happy and you made money. Say Stoli is $10/lt, your pouring cost is 25 cents. You give a double and your cost is .50 and at $3 the customer is happy and you're making good dough. You could limit the 2-fer to well drinks if you want. You have to have everything priced properly and you have to do a proper inventory (counting every oz in every bottle, every beer and every mixer) at least once a month on the same day every time to get an accurate pc. Generally the mark up is greatest on the well and lower on your expensive stuff. Mixers should be purchased in small twist tops (if available) and your wine by the glass should come from boxes to prevent spoilage. I've given up on wine in bars - it's always oxidized. The box will eliminate the problem. You don't have to staff a dozen bgs early, 4 or 5 will do it. You could buy a blender (w/extra cans) and do shit like 'Margarita Mondays' with a 2-fer. Limes are cheap and how much could that God-awful tequila-like product "Camino' cost ? If you used fresh lime juice, you would have a line out the door IMO. When the bar staff are standing around they could be squeezing juice instead of staring at their phones. Teach the staff to make proper cocktails - Mojito's and Caipirinhas are perfect for this climate.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I almost forgot to update!

Yes, it was a great night! A lot of people ended up stopping by throughout the night to check the new bar out.

I thought it was perfectly lit, not too dark and not too bright.

Nice setup, with a darker loungy part in the back.

Nice big sign outside that makes it easy to find.

It was also nice to see many of my favourite bar girls that I haven't seen in a while there! That's always a plus!

Standard looking prices for everything.

Also cool that he has a lot of "Angry Birds" branded things around the bar, like ashtrays, etc.

Overall I predict the bar will be a great hit! ! The owner knows his stuff and has a good reputation around town, which is important in such a small community.

Definitely worth checking out.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Eros
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Eros »

Any hotties?

I hate going to bars that have just re-regurgitated staff from other bars... i hope this place has newly recruited girls policy (ie new chicken) rather than same same but same, otherwise it might suffer the same fate as all the previous incarnations in that bar.

Nothing worse then being to well known by long in the tooth bar girls...
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Eros wrote:Any hotties?
Yes, several CEO members showed up.

He also said some new girls will be starting in a couple weeks, which I assume will factor into his grand opening date.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

General Mackevili wrote: He also said some new girls will be starting in a couple weeks, which I assume will factor into his grand opening date.
Yes, should be about six more staff starting over the next three weeks, with at least three being "mourn tmei" new chickens, new to the business.

The quiet season continues for the next three months, and then we'll increase the number of staff by another five or so.
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Eros
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Eros »

General Mackevili wrote:
Eros wrote:Any hotties?

Yes, several CEO members showed up.
:crazy:

u buy them lady drinks?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

jah steu wrote:
Free first beer, wine, house spirits or soft drink from 7-10pm.
Eros wrote:
:crazy:

u buy them lady drinks?
Yeah, their first one.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

General Mackevili wrote:He also said some new girls will be starting in a couple weeks, which I assume will factor into his grand opening date.
So, we could technically be classified as mother pluckers?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

vladimir wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:He also said some new girls will be starting in a couple weeks, which I assume will factor into his grand opening date.
So, we could technically be classified as mother pluckers?
You're a mother punner!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic