Thailand’s Ousted PM Flees Abroad: The Rest of the Story

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Thailand’s Ousted PM Flees Abroad: The Rest of the Story

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ronny
BANNED

Re: Thailand’s Ousted PM Flees Abroad: The Rest of the Story

Post by Ronny »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:31 am a very good read; :thumb:

https://journal-neo.org/2017/09/02/thai ... the-story/

There is no such thing as a good read when it comes to Thai politics. Who are you trying to kid?
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Yes thanks for posting that Richard, a very interesting article. A couple of things I hadn't appreciated was the low 35% share of the vote when Thaksin came to power and his links with that horrible bunch at the Carlyle group.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

A very a good outline of what's happened and what's bound to happen. I can see how the junta might be thinking, worried that the U.S. is meddling too much inside Thailand's borders, trying to destabilize things enough to await the call to rescue democracy. LOL Meanwhile, China walks through the backdoor and gets a warm welcome from the junta. Well done, U.S.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic