WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Inshadesofblue
Expatriate

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by Inshadesofblue »

Alright. First - i apologise for the delay in responding to PMs/posts alike. Some family issues came up, so i had to sort those out first. I am back in Siem reap and back on the search

The negative comments here
I have nothing to say to those except that If you wanna be a skeptic, that's your prerogative. I am simply looking for somebody to run a bar. I know what i am good at, and what i am not good at. And running a restaurant/bar is not my cup of tea. It requires a certain level of panache, if you will.Plus, i need to focus on the hotel side of things first. I don't understand how can it be a bad deal when i am basically saying (a) i don't need your money (b) you earn what you work for (c) and we split the profits because you run this rent free.

But pls note - that i am looking for somebody who is proactive, and *wants* to make this a regular hangout for SR residents and tourists alike. Yea, we get the added benefits of 15-30 people/footfalls (as there are people staying in the hotel and have to pass through the location everyday) - but the intention is to make money ! (as it should be, as it's a business). I got a few messages/emails asking if i'd be willing to donate the proceeds to XYZ or turn it into a library or make it into an indian restaurant. NO! :beer1: and people wonder why i drink. Haha
?

(No, specifically for the indian restaurants as there are tons in the city already. Moreover, indian food is acquired taste. Let's do something that *most* people like *most* of the year? But once again, we can sit and discuss this)

Secondly
If anybody is interested for a meet, or skype or whatever call me on 078937231 or email me on [email protected] (I am not giving my hotel email id intentionally)

The fastest way to reach me however is whatsapp - on this number - 078937231. Add +855 for cambodia.

Cheers and i apologise again for the disappearing act.
Last edited by Inshadesofblue on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Inshadesofblue
Expatriate

Post by Inshadesofblue »

Duncan wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:53 am Hundreds, if not thousands of people here with lots of bar experience. It's just a pity is all been on the wrong side of the bar.
+1

I NEED THOSE PEOPLE as well......as customers ;)
Inshadesofblue
Expatriate

Post by Inshadesofblue »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:24 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:18 pm It's the most sensible, clear-headed "I wanna open a bar in Cambodia. Will it work?" threads I've ever read. That's not sarcasm. If I were younger . . . anyway, the clientele is not my cup of coffee.
I am one of those people who run a bar here in Cambodia. It does work in the high season. I had made good profits. In the low season it is miserable for business.

Two more questions. one I could answer myself! But I will ask. Accommodation for the bar person, will they have to sort that themselves?
Two, whom is the work permit up too, since the bartender has no business papers, but you the owner has. Will you be arranging and sorting this? And in this business there maybe a small problem over "tea-money" is that too down to the bar person.
These are not negative questions. :beer1:
Great questions! :)

Accommodation
You'd have to work that out on your own. But we can talk about it. For the right person, i could give a temp solution/workaround/hotel room to begin with - we'll see.

Work permit
i will get for you. IT's a must! We'll split the cost down the middle (it's a 120 bucks i think - so 60 bucks a piece). You will need to figure out your own visa, and i will sponsor you for the E-visa (get our guy to do it for you). Please note that a lot depends on what passport you hold as well. Some nationalities are given a really tough time by the immigration

The "tea-money" situation
we will deal with this together. We won't have any problems with this part as i have decent contacts around town. When the bar gets going to full "bar level", i'll take care of that.

Your SOLE focus needs to be : customers + high quality service + excellent product = $$money$$ :)

I will take of the rest (paperwork, work permit, etc etc)
Inshadesofblue
Expatriate

Post by Inshadesofblue »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:13 pm In all seriousness, when are you looking to fill the position by?
ASAP as peak season starts pretty soon.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Free work permit may bring some interest now.....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

What is the update on the bar situation?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic