Two-day campaign in Sihanoukville markets found 35,80 kilograms of defective products

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two-day campaign in Sihanoukville markets found 35,80 kilograms of defective products

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

23 August 2017
As a result of a two day campaign from 22 to 23 August by the Camcontrol authorities, four products were withdrawn from Sihanoukville markets as being unsafe for consumption. More than 100 types of seafood, fruit, and vegetables were tested for forbidden chemical substances by the Camcontrol vehicle laboratory.Image
According to this article, authorities are especially concerned on the impact of dangerous chemicals for the health of tourists and foreigners. However, unfortunately, the products at risk that were confiscated here are listed as cucumber, leaves. leaves and leaves. As a precaution, if in doubt, be cautious when buying cucumber-like vegetables and leafy greens.
There is no mention of seafood or other products being found to contain dangerous chemicals during this particular crackdown, but foreigners should be aware that many food products in all SEA countries may contain pesticides or worse. Local populations are also now becoming informed on unsafe food practices through local media.

ImageImageImageImage

More on the Camcontrol mobile laboratory vehicle here:
Cambodia's First Mobile Food Safety Lab Launched.
post151091.html?hilit=camcontrol#p151091
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two-day campaign in Sihanoukville markets found 35,80 kilograms of defective products

Post by John Bingham »

However, unfortunately, the products at risk that were confiscated here are listed as cucumber, leaves. leaves and leaves. As a precaution, if in doubt, be cautious when buying cucumber-like vegetables and leafy greens.
That's interesting, because when you buy hot dogs or fish here they often chuck a load of that "salad" in. I never eat the leaves but I didn't realize they were fucking around with cucumber.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two-day campaign in Sihanoukville markets found 35,80 kilograms of defective products

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Beware of cucumbers. Destruction of the poisonous vegetables:
ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 pm I never eat the leaves but I didn't realize they were fucking around with cucumber.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

10kg of cucumbers, 5 kg of chives, 3kg of capsiums, is all they manage to find? u must be fucking kidding me, country of half fucked effort knows no bounds
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:25 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 pm I never eat the leaves but I didn't realize they were fucking around with cucumber.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Fuck that's scary. I always eat cucumbers but understand that like watermelon, they just absorb whatever chemicals you put near them.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

A lot of the vegetables sold at BKK and PD markets are grown in the sewer-laden waters that run into the land behind 371, so they're not exactly pristine to start with.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic