British Pedophile Teacher Laughs When Arrested in Thailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: British Pedophile Teacher Laughs When Arrested in Thailand

Post by phuketrichard »

mauser765 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:20 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:53 am i cant understand why anyone would fake an resume to become a teacher ?
Because in many cases the only qualification is a white skin and a photoshop degree.

Where else can one find a less-demanding employer?
:please:
sorry, dont buy that. ur saying they hire u cause ur white and u dont need teach any classes or prepare any class work assignments??
what do you do? sit in the principals office, smile and play on ur phone?

I know its easy to get the job, but if ur not a teacher, its a dis service to the students wanting to learn

Yea, i know i cant spell or type for shit ( and getting worse) but...... I get my point across ;-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Re: British Pedophile Teacher Laughs When Arrested in Thailand

Post by mauser765 »

phuketrichard, how did you get that from my post?

They do it because many of them cannot do anything else, they need the money, they have no compunction about forging a qualification and lying about it, the school facilitates the scam...do I need to reword that?

Obviously they have to work, the point is they can't find anything else, so yes they have to prepare, teach etc, but the alternative is starvation.

Comprende?

You asked why. I told you why.

I'm not arguing it's a disservice at all.

Try and cut down on the valium.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
lordofmisrule
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: British Pedophile Teacher Laughs When Arrested in Thaila

Post by lordofmisrule »

siliconlife wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 pm
lordofmisrule wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:25 pm
siliconlife wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:13 pm
NokTang wrote: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:29 am
Fact remains, Thailand is cleaning up their teaching act, eliminating just "Native English Speakers" and requiring proof of education credentials. The Philippines has also been accepted as an English speaking country and the those with Education degrees from the RP are being accepted as licensed teachers and hired at substantially lower salaries than "western" people. Unfortunately, there are no police record checks(or even checking references and past employment)in place so some pedophiles will find their way into the schools, be they Filipino's or other nationalities. It's a shame really, such a beautiful country still behind the times education wise and everything being dictated by the money. The children suffer in the end. Another generation ruined.
Vietnam is doing it better, in my opinion - you'll be hard pressed to get a steady job there without a police check, but they keep a healthy flow of teachers by paying them well and testing health and criminal background in all countries the teacher has lived in. Well actually, you need either a degree or 5 years experience, by law. As in all countries in the region though, corruption is rife and there are plenty of ways to slip by those requirements, they don't seem to care so much about that... But yeah, like I said their main priorities are police and health checks, and you pretty much can't get past that despite the corruption, and I think that's a good thing. Fits in nicely with their remarkably stable economy too.
It is very much possible to work in Vietnam without degree or police check, and to get well paid to do so, this is in Saigon and I am not sure if it is just one isolated experience but I doubt it. I am not talking about myself but rather a family member, still there, still teaching and doing very well.
Yep, it's possible. But then again it's possible to do that in South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and many other countries, as well. I don't recommend it. The point is it's not free-for-all-we'll-just-hire-you-immediately-almost-anywhere like Cambodia, no questions asked, no followup. But yeah, illegal work exists everywhere, just like drugs, prostitution, etc. My personal experience is that VN handles it better.
Also the south is still different from the north. They seem to be stricter up there. You won't find me anywhere near Saigon, that's for sure!
I'm sure you are right, I only know anything secondhand from there and I have yet to visit the north but would love to!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic