Street 172

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Street 172

Post by bobsboots »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 pm
bobsboots wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 pm Finally moving to PP soon and as I have a good friend living near 172, I will stay there for 2 nights before heading down to Snooky for a well deserved break.
I have read, here on CEO, many disparaging comments about 172. Is it that bad ? Why?
I also notice that some posters quite like the place. I hear you can get a damn good English Brekkie there at Sony Side Up and Blue Dolphin ( Jamie would be able to confirm this) so it can't be all that bad.
When it comes to street 172, what is the general consensus here ?
And yes, thanks Trapper, we know what yours will be.....
no too familiar with the full english brekki scene in PP as i have a few favourite khmer noodle joints round the corner from my regular guesthouse that i stay at,
but i will be starting a thread in a couple of months as i will be on a mission to search for the best breakfasts in Phnom Penh/SHV etc
Good on ya, keeping our traditions alive, will be glad to help. Once brekkies have been done, we can start on fish 'n' chips .
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bobsboots wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 pm
bobsboots wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 pm Finally moving to PP soon and as I have a good friend living near 172, I will stay there for 2 nights before heading down to Snooky for a well deserved break.
I have read, here on CEO, many disparaging comments about 172. Is it that bad ? Why?
I also notice that some posters quite like the place. I hear you can get a damn good English Brekkie there at Sony Side Up and Blue Dolphin ( Jamie would be able to confirm this) so it can't be all that bad.
no too familiar with the full english brekki scene in PP as i have a few favourite khmer noodle joints round the corner from my regular guesthouse that i stay at,
but i will be starting a thread in a couple of months as i will be on a mission to search for the best breakfasts in Phnom Penh/SHV etc
Good on ya, keeping our traditions alive, will be glad to help. Once brekkies have been done, we can start on fish 'n' chips .
haha there has been a number of threads about fish and chips, a long one on the other forum, it was a big thing last year haha

i will also be hunting down some decent pies too :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 pm
haha there has been a number of threads about fish and chips, a long one on the other , it was a big thing last year haha

I left England in 1987, and haven't lived there since. Although I heard the company no longer exists, the best pies by far were Bowyers Pies. Chicken and ham, steak and kidney, pork. I really miss them. I don't know if they were still around while you were growing up there.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bobsboots wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:03 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 pm
haha there has been a number of threads about fish and chips, a long one on the other , it was a big thing last year haha

I left England in 1987, and haven't lived there since. Although I heard the company no longer exists, the best pies by far were Bowyers Pies. Chicken and ham, steak and kidney, pork. I really miss them. I don't know if they were still around while you were growing up there.
bit of nostalgia for ya mate lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

bobsboots wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 pm
mauser765 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:24 pm
bobsboots wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 pmSounds all right to me for a short stay.
Thus begins yet another 'meet local woman, get married, have kids, stay for 20 years, become grizzled expat saga'.
Didn't realise you knew me and can judge people so confidently from a simple comment. Says a lot about you
I usually do it before they make a comment, for example if they're sitting outside alone. :D

Whew, touched a nerve, methinks.

Why so serious?
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

St 172 is a good place to have a few drinks,have a few mates that live on or near 172 and they wish to move,only because its only to tempting to go out every night and have a few to many.

As for the brekki,I eat at my local Khmer noodle place out at TTP... not into the english brekki thing...

But i have been told lonestar do an excellent breakfast.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

I think Blue Dolphin and several others are better value - Rising Sun, for example.
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.
Arthur Schopenhauer
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

bobsboots wrote:
mauser765 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:24 pm
bobsboots wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 pmSounds all right to me for a short stay.
Thus begins yet another 'meet local woman, get married, have kids, stay for 20 years, become grizzled expat saga'.
Didn't realise you knew me and can judge people so confidently from a simple comment. Says a lot about you
Don't worry about him. He's speaking from his own personal experience.
mauser765
Expatriate
Albania

Post by mauser765 »

Arthur Schopenhauer
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Try Eric Keyser for breakfast - or any meal actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic