Steven from New Zealand loses his way, and his temper, in Kampong Chhnang.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Steven from New Zealand loses his way, and his temper, in Kampong Chhnang.

Post by hanno »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:41 am i have been unable to determine what offense he allegedly committed? all pretty murky.
wearing a man bun and traveling with an outsize bongo- i guess that is reason enough!
Well, apart from the fact that a 60-year old looking 45 year old should never, EVER, under no circumstances sport a man bun, losing the plot probably opened him up for ridicule.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Steven from NZ loses his way, and his temper, in Kampong Chhnang.

Post by StroppyChops »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:18 pm Like everyone on here i don,t know the bloke. But he is probably far more interesting to talk to than all the piss head sexpats hanging around the bars of cambodia talking bollocks all day. :stir:

charlie
And yet here you are.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
prettyvacant
Expatriate

Post by prettyvacant »

Looks quite a lot like Shirley Phelps IMO
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

prettyvacant wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:26 am Image
Looks quite a lot like Shirley Phelps IMO
I think she is in a league of her own. And Stevie here is probably a lot more harmless:

tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I am not "here" , i was being a little sarcastic. A picture of somebody who "reportedly" lost the plot. Straight away like a pack of wolves everybody was attacking him, man bun, busker wtf! Anybody who is cycling around Cambodia/SEA is almost certainly going to be a bit more interesting than an alcoholic sitting around a bar drinking cheap shitty beer all day. :stir:

It is now nearly 12 midday and I am soon going to a proper "pub" here in north london, further more i will be drinking a pint of Youngs finest bitter and me and my mates will be discussing philosophy or art or football, i may even go to Menzies afterwards for pie and mash!
charlie
prettyvacant
Expatriate

Post by prettyvacant »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:50 pm everybody was attacking him, man bun, busker wtf!
I am sure it is all tongue in cheek. Personally, I'd fight a war for his right to wear a man-bun. Possibly for his right to go busking as well.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I think you are right, my original reply was also a bit tongue in cheek :hattip:
charlie
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

What a funny old thread this is. Bruce Reynolds the train robber even got a mention, I remember him.
I wonder where Steve from NZ is now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic