when would you pull your plug

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: when would you pull your plug

Post by phuketrichard »

if you hate your life CHANGE IT

yea living for family is all great but you need live for yourself first
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

phuketrichard wrote:if you hate your life CHANGE IT

yea living for family is all great but you need live for yourself first
Thats an old Asian proverb. I got it thrown onto me twice: "if your mother is drowning and your wife is drowning, who are you going to save first?" But the reality is different. And I am very stubborn. Since you chose to ride this voyage with me, let's go together till the end....dont know why this reminds of the movie Waterworld.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

But I didnt answer, just grin. If I were to answer that question; if my mon''s a bitch, i will leave her to drown. But if my wife is a cunt i will leave her and rescue my mother instead. But if they are both bitches, I will leave them both just swim to save myself. But the reality is not like that.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

how can you even consider to spend your life voluntarily with people you would let to drown?
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

potty wrote:how can you even consider to spend your life voluntarily with people you would let to drown?
Lol, you would be surprised of a few people I un-drowned.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I'm a very independent person so I doubt I'd enjoy being paralysed and completely dependent on others.

What drugs should one keep in the medicine cabinet in case the disease degenerates to the point of no return?
Scarier than malaria.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

nobody thinking of a ticket back home then ?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i have my dealer on speed dial an my gf/daughter know it

Ticket back WHERE???
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

potty wrote:nobody thinking of a ticket back home then ?
Cambodia is home.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

I would pull or wish to have my plug pulled when I am in such pain that pain relief is a growing financial and emotional burden on my family or if dementia takes over irreversibly.

FC's scenario and question are also food for thought. Tough call to make. This reminds me of the "trolley problem" experiment that added the family bond element. Ethical dilemmas are a bitch :(
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic