Lone Star Saloon 9th Annual Chili Cook off Aug 20th.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RonnieLonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Lone Star Saloon 9th Annual Chili Cook off Aug 20th.

Post by RonnieLonestar »

Hello all,

The Lone Star Saloon will be hosting its 9th annual chili cook off on Sunday Aug. 20, at 2:00 pm.

If you would like to enter: Bring a good sized pot of chili by 12:00 noon. You will get a free tee shirt for entering, and will get to taste all of the other chili for free. You will have a chance to compete for some decent sized bar tabs, bragging rights, and the chance to have a winner's plaque hang at the Lone Star with your name on it.

1st place: 100.00 bar tab.
2nd place: 50.00 bar tab.
people's choice: 50.00 bar tab

If you would like to join the party and sample all of the chilis on offer....10.00 per person, plus you will be able to vote for People's Choices.

There will be a tent in the street, custom chili cookoff tee shirts for sale, and I have some live music lined up. It is always a great party every year....and this year should be no different. I already got 7-8 entries for the cook off so anyone else interested PM me or drop into Lonestar and see me, first in first served on that.

Hope to see you there!

Ronnie
prettyvacant
Expatriate

Re: Lone Star Saloon 9th Annual Chili Cook off Aug 20th.

Post by prettyvacant »

Wait... a bunch of random barang go to local markets. Buy random meat. Take it to their shitty flats. Cook chili. And you expect people to pay money to eat it? There must be cheaper ways of getting hepatitis out there.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

prettyvacant wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:00 am Wait... a bunch of random barang go to local markets. Buy random meat. Take it to their shitty flats. Cook chili. And you expect people to pay money to eat it? There must be cheaper ways of getting hepatitis out there.
A little bit of spunk is not going to kill you.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the chili cook off is an event of some years standing, and has attracted many out of town entrants in the past.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

cptrelentless wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:14 am
prettyvacant wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:00 am Wait... a bunch of random barang go to local markets. Buy random meat. Take it to their shitty flats. Cook chili. And you expect people to pay money to eat it? There must be cheaper ways of getting hepatitis out there.
A little bit of spunk is not going to kill you.
as long as you cook it right.... :D

just sayin'

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

you don't have to come if you don't want to snowflake. It's always a good event, I haven't ever been sick in the 3 or 4 times I've been to them, aside from when I had to force a weak and insipid 3 bean vegetarian option someone had brought.

Glad to see the tradition continuing Ronnie.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

angkorjohn wrote:
you don't have to come if you don't want to snowflake. It's always a good event, I haven't ever been sick in the 3 or 4 times I've been to them, aside from when I had to force a weak and insipid 3 bean vegetarian option someone had brought.

Haha, the vegetarian chilli did quite well, if I remember.

A fun event indeed.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:05 pm
angkorjohn wrote:

Haha, the vegetarian chilli did quite well, if I remember.

A fun event indeed.

I think it may have been a different vegetarian vintage. this was more like bean soup and I think it only didn't score zero because people felt generous. I think last year an English guy won it didn't he?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

prettyvacant wrote:Wait... a bunch of random barang go to local markets. Buy random meat. Take it to their shitty flats. Cook chili. And you expect people to pay money to eat it? There must be cheaper ways of getting hepatitis out there.
It's not a compulsory event. Please stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
EDC
Expatriate
Australia

Post by EDC »

prettyvacant wrote:Wait... a bunch of random barang go to local markets. Buy random meat. Take it to their shitty flats. Cook chili. And you expect people to pay money to eat it? There must be cheaper ways of getting hepatitis out there.
What a cynical fuck you are...must be a hit at parties!! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic