Eight Nigerians to be deported from Cambodia this week.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Eight Nigerians to be deported from Cambodia this week.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

- Immigration police yesterday arrested five Nigerians for living and working illegally in the country.
Lieutenant General Ouk Hiesela, director of investigations at the Interior Ministry’s general department of immigration, said four were arrested in Phnom Penh’s Chamkarmon district while another was apprehended in Kandal province’s Takhmao town.
He said his officers found that four of them did not have passports or travel documents to work or stay in Cambodia. The fifth had a passport, but with a visa that expired five months ago.
“They all are being questioned by immigration police forces at the department,” Lt Gen Hiesela said, adding they would be deported as soon as they have the money to buy air tickets home.

On Monday, three other Nigerian men were arrested in Phnom Penh for staying in the country illegally and are now being detained at the department awaiting deportation.

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5077277/fiv ... portation/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Eight Nigerians to be deported from Cambodia this week.

Post by frank lee bent »

add a couple zeros after that 8 and it would be good work.
they could just pick them up off the riverside western union where they constantly send $9,999.99 remittances to Antigua and other Caribean destinations.

i have been in there and seen them do it.
they come in 3 on a moto.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:22 pm add a couple zeros after that 8 and it would be good work.
they could just pick them up off the riverside western union where they constantly send $9,999.99 remittances to Antigua and other Caribean destinations.

I wonder if those are the same three that regularly bully the female staff at One&One with stand-over tactics, until I walk in and then call the staff member to come and help me with something over here.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

perhaps, but there is more like a brigade rather than a trio.
khmer undercover cops are outside all the time and follow them
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:22 pm add a couple zeros after that 8 and it would be good work.

Is that not the other black people? Why would a Nigerian send money to Antigua?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The Nigerian man who was detained by police in Kandal has been identified as MODESTUS ONWULIRI IWUJI,aged 37, a private schoolteacher at Borei Village, Bek Chan Commune, Ang Snoul District. He was arrested on 8 August 2017 after he had overstayed his visa by five months.
ImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic