How to identify a hippy ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: How to identify a hippy ?

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:07 pmOne thing that we might have overlooked about
this 1979 law is that it was passed just a month
after the Vietnamese took Phnom Penh.
A huge number of Cambodian refugees
arrived at the Thai border around then.
So it's got little to do with hippies
and a lot to do with economics.
Is that an attempt at a Haiku?
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:16 pm
There's a little bit of hippy in most people trying to get out. Yes, even you SnookieBoy
Thanks for the compliment!

A real hippy is someone who cares about what is the right way for people to live, meaning that we get along with all living creatures, including the nature, and everything around us. Because everything is connected. Only ignorance seperates us all.

:beer3:
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:39 pm I kinda miss the smell of wet afghan and patchouli.

You'd love Otres Village then (get off the paved roads and go around by the river/lake). There's been a rift in space-time.
You could be next.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:42 am
AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:39 pm I kinda miss the smell of wet afghan and patchouli.

You'd love Otres Village then (get off the paved roads and go around by the river/lake). There's been a rift in space-time.
Invasion of the body snatchers mate. They look like hippies. Smell like hippies. But underneath they are regular old lizard people.
See crook!!!
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:42 am You'd love Otres Village then (get off the paved roads and go around by the river/lake). There's been a rift in space-time.
Yea, but are they really hippies? If they were you'd probably liked the place more. :stir:
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I thought hippys were the bits that connect leggies to bodies....
Sorry......

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

Otres village is nice if ya like being chased by rabbid dogs at 3 am in morning...
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

saigonjackpot wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:22 am

Otres village is nice if ya like being chased by rabbid dogs at 3 am in morning...
I know what you mean :lol:

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I can't do with all the dribble they speak about, saving nature and the planet. When they light the second joint, remind them of their double standards. Taking the grass from the wild habitat and what ill effect they are causing.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:22 pm Taking the grass from the wild habitat and what ill effect they are causing.
Nearly all of it is cultivated.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic