Dangers in Reporting

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Dangers in Reporting

Post by Bertros »

I guess the guy disagreed with what the reporter was saying!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/rus ... ailsignout

A Russian television journalist was punched in the face live on air Wednesday as he reported on raucous annual celebrations by paratroopers in Moscow. 
Nikita Razvozzhayev, a correspondent with the pro-Kremlin NTV channel, was extolling the professionalism of Russia's airborne forces when a bearded man staggered up to the presenter and began an expletive-laden rant about invading Ukraine.

BTW, does the guy in the black shorts behind the reported have a bra on or just weird chest hair?

(and no, I am not usually in support of blindsiding someone)

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Dangers in Reporting

Post by General Mackevili »

Haha, saw that today on Twitter. I should probably hire some bodyguards.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That paratrooper was one big fucker too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:30 am That paratrooper was one big fucker too.

"Police said the suspect, identified as Russian nationalist Dmitry Orlov, has never served in the paratroopers."

The whole incident doesn't make sense. The reporter was extolling the virtues of Russian paratroopers when a Russian nationalist punches him.

Ahhhh... massive quantities of vodka. That explains it.
:facepalm:
You could be next.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:30 am That paratrooper was one big fucker too.
Except that he wasn't. According to the article (reading helps sometimes) he isn't, and never was, a paratrooper. A bit like all the SAS and Delta types one meets on #104.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hanno wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:34 am
Except that he wasn't. According to the article (reading helps sometimes) he isn't, and never was, a paratrooper. A bit like all the SAS and Delta types one meets on #104.
I watched the video in Russian a few days ago, which I don't know a word of. He may not have been a paratrooper, but they probably wouldn't admit it even if he was and that wouldn't stop him fighting in Donbass anyway.
I've never met any of those types you mention, they're the sort of people trapper follows around.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic