why doescmy computer think I am in Vietnam?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: why doescmy computer think I am in Vietnam?

Post by Sidewalker »

The same here, my ISP is Opennet.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Annoys me a bit, I don't know why Opennet can't run a server here to assign Cambodian IP addresses. Doesn't bother me enough to set my VPN to operate all the time though.

Just a few sites every now and then assume I'm in Hanoi and spit out prices in Dong and ads in Vietnamese.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

in one of my apartments my IP address was "Vietnam" i tried transferring some money form my UK bank to my ABA, and it got froze as my IP was Vietnamese so they had to run a load of safety checks proving i was where i was etc was a nightmare
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:29 am in one of my apartments my IP address was "Vietnam" i tried transferring some money form my UK bank to my ABA, and it got froze as my IP was Vietnamese so they had to run a load of safety checks proving i was where i was etc was a nightmare
Yeah, Vietnam is on the blacklist for Visa and Paypal. Irritating. Stop being thieving shits.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

cptrelentless wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:11 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:29 am in one of my apartments my IP address was "Vietnam" i tried transferring some money form my UK bank to my ABA, and it got froze as my IP was Vietnamese so they had to run a load of safety checks proving i was where i was etc was a nightmare
Yeah, Vietnam is on the blacklist for Visa and Paypal. Irritating. Stop being thieving shits.
I've no problems logging into my Paypal account. When I tried to log into my Aussie web host to transfer out my domain last week, I couldn't log in, and they told me it was because I was "in Vietnam". I use my VPN mostly to access Australian TV but it comes in handy for other things occasionally.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

The new cable from Singapore was meant to go on line this year, giving Cambodia it's own line for the first time. Frankly looking forward to it as they laid fibre optic out here (through the jungle) last year. Maybe some real speed coming?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic