Too many Hotels and Ghesthouse Properties for Rent in Siem Reap

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Too many Hotels and Ghesthouse Properties for Rent in Siem Reap

Post by hanno »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:24 pm
popeyesretreat wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:24 pm You can also look at it this way , a lot of people opened one up with no idea of what they were getting into and want out when they find out it is not just open the doors and take the money to the bank. They do no think about the upkeep, the help and the abusive customers.
Or they are leaving Cambodia because they are tired of the girl they bought it for.
And you know this for sure? Story's all story's. Something to talk over with a beer and a few mates.
The first part is certainly true, many people open a bar/restaurant/hotel because they think it is easy.

What also screws up the market is hotels being built by people that need to launder money and don't give a shit about whether it is profitable or not.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Too many Hotels and Ghesthouse Properties for Rent in Siem Reap

Post by AndyKK »

hanno wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:34 am
AndyKK wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:24 pm
popeyesretreat wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:24 pm You can also look at it this way , a lot of people opened one up with no idea of what they were getting into and want out when they find out it is not just open the doors and take the money to the bank. They do no think about the upkeep, the help and the abusive customers.
Or they are leaving Cambodia because they are tired of the girl they bought it for.
And you know this for sure? Story's all story's. Something to talk over with a beer and a few mates.
The first part is certainly true, many people open a bar/restaurant/hotel because they think it is easy.

What also screws up the market is hotels being built by people that need to launder money and don't give a shit about whether it is profitable or not.
Apologies to you Popey. I thought you may be one of the many whom sit at my bar and whinge and whine, over their too expensive beer. :beer2:
I got into this by accident, or should I say something to do and keep me occupied. I had not bought the bar. I had made one. All the business is solely in my name. It's reasonable too. In high season I have made very good profits. In low season, forget it, there is very little money to be made. And its true to say the Khmer suffer the seasons here too. I know this when girls appear from their abode of employment, freelancing around my establishment hoping for some trade.
Firstly most of my custom are expats, and because they live here, they tend to assume they should have discounts. Secondly I have trade from western visitors coming from Thailand. They have been told Cambodia is so cheap.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic