Qualified / Experienced Painter

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Qualified / Experienced Painter

Post by Seasquatch »

I'm a painter/bodyman by trade, I've done all kinds of painting from cars, decorative/faux, signs/murals, and houses which is a bustass job, my biz now I spray tubs/counters/cabinets. I also airbrush.

It's a thankless job, most people think you can give a monkey a brush and it can paint, but to do it right it does take a steady hand and a little attention to detail.

I avoid stripper like the plague, strippers on the other hand :D
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

My favourite is when they so actually sand all the plaster on the walls, but then fail to wipe down the walls before putting primer (or as is often the case, straight to paint). They then wonder why the paint is peeling one year later...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I think it is the shit paint, not the dust. After plasterboard is sanded we just roll paint over the dust with no problems. That Toa paint used to be a dollar a litre with a free T shirt. Now that is good value.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

The giveaway is when the guy arrives without a ladder, and asks where yours is. And then coats yours in paint splatter, along with the rest of the room. Or he runs out of wall colour, so he completes on wall with ceiling white. Or you complain that he hasn't edged between the wall and the ceiling correctly and it looks rubbish, so he re-edges with a his finger and a different shade of paint. Etc.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic