News on Otres

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: News on Otres

Post by vladimir »

double post
Last edited by vladimir on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

bong.kuit wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:20 pm
vladimir wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:31 pm
bong.kuit wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:56 pm Serious question...

Is an article in English superfluous if it changes the meaning?
Need time to think about your question again?
Why don't you bless us with your extensive knowledge of English grammar instead of mocking my question? Are you the same to your students?

Or, if Hanno is right about it being different in German, you might not even get the point as you don't speak German?!
Wow. You answered your own question, my comment has little to do with English grammar.

If it changes the meaning, how can it be superfluous? It can only be superfluous if it is not needed.

Perhaps you did not mean to use the word 'superfluous'?

Since you asked, my students generally don't ask such questions.

Hanno's comment was incidental. I do speak some German, I don't know how you can presume to know things about me.

Mouse issues...sorry for edits.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

" I do speak some German,.."

Na gut, verpiss dich!
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
ratchet
Tourist
Austria

Post by ratchet »

He drinks Anchor?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic