Swiss Man RENAUD JANKIEWICZ Dies From Alcohol Poisoning at The Irish Place Pub in Phnom Penh After 3-Day Bender

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Swiss Man RENAUD JANKIEWICZ Dies From Alcohol Poisoning at The Irish Place Pub in Phnom Penh After 3-Day Bender

Post by General Mackevili »

Username Taken wrote:^^ That FB link isn't working.

taabarang wrote:"^^ That FB link isn't working."

Worked for me.
Hmm, not working for me now either.

Try this:

Not sure what's up, but it's URL straight from Facebook called "Copy Link."

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Swiss Man RENAUD JANKIEWICZ Dies From Alcohol Poisoning at The Irish Place Pub in Phnom Penh After 3-Day Bender

That one doesn't work for me either. No idea.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

That one works for me, but it is m.facebook. (i.e mobile) If I remove the m, it doesn't work.

Give Zucker a call.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Chris it's really rough losing someone while they are overseas - sending love to you and your family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
chris_ch
Tourist
Switzerland

Post by chris_ch »

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for your help and your kind words, both here and by private message. I didn't think I would get so many messages about my brother and it helps us a lot figuring out how to deal with his death in what is to us a foreign country.
Hi Chris. Condolences to all.

You may also want to see our CEO's Facebook page, where it seems a few of his friends also posted messages about him.

Did they say the cause of death?

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fb ... 5304797325
Thank you for that. I have found the Facebook page and the comments in the article were helpful.

About the cause of death, the Swiss foreign department indicated that it was a heart attack. Although they couldn't say what lead to it, we suspect that his heavy drinking the days prior to his death played a substantial role.

Since you have all been so helpful, I will talk about our current situation.

Today, we contacted the foreign department. They didn't have much information about Renaud. In fact, thanks to this forum, we knew more about the circumstances of his death than they did. Switzerland does not have an embassy in Cambodia, only a consulate connected to the Swiss embassy in Thailand. We would very much like for him to be buried in Cambodia, since this was the country he loved and called home.They told us that we would have to contact the funeral home ourselves.
Initially, we wanted him to be buried according to Catholic rites. However, the foreign department informed us that cremation was way more common in Cambodia and that we might not have that option or at a very high cost. We will decide what type of funerals we choose for him after we've contacted the funeral home.
We then called a French priest in Phnom Penh. Although he will personally be leaving for Malaysia tomorrow, he toid us he would inform the other priests in his parish about our situation and that they could take care of the funeral ceremony.

I will tell you when and where his funeral will happen, if any of you want to attend. As for us, it is still unclear if any member of the family will be able to attend the ceremony, but we would very much like to have at least one of us be there.
chris_ch
Tourist
Switzerland

Post by chris_ch »

Hi everyone,

We are finally done with the administrative part of Renaud's death.

I would like to invite everyone here to his funerals. Even if you did not know him very well, but you still feel the need to mourn the passing of a fellow expat, you are welcome to attend.

The funerals will be held on Wednesday August 2nd at 10am at the Phnom Penh Thmei Catholic Church.

Unfortunately no family member will be able to attend. However, we have sent the priest a song that is dear to our hearts as well as a poem that he will read during the ceremony.

Once again, I would like to thank all of you for your emotional support and the precious help you gave us.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Ok, best of luck with everything. May he rest in peace.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

Had the pleasure of meeting Renaud last January. Damn shame. Super nice guy. Rest in Peace, Chef.
Valentine
Tourist
Switzerland

Post by Valentine »

Hello Chris, i am Renaud's nephew (the daughter of his brother Bertrand), i already tried to contact you. I would like more informations, so can you please contact me as soon as possible on my swiss number +41798347644.
And if you don't want to have me on the phone please send an email at the adress [email protected]
Thansk for not ignoring me. RIP RENAUD
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic