Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by phuketrichard »

...and as shown, its not our site but the mods/owner ( assume gen is the sole owner now) site and they can do with it as they please :stir: :hattip:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:00 pm ...and as shown, its not our site but the mods/owner ( assume gen is the sole owner now) site and they can do with it as they please :stir: :hattip:
On one hand I want to agree with you, on the other I don't want to look like the whiny offended bitch. I guess the new mix of mods are still getting familiarised with working as a team. It's only to be expected that they'll foul it up from time to time.

I'll pay Gonk his due, he certainly hits the mark almost all the time now, as opposed to when CEO first opened it's doors to the public. On balance, it's a lot more even-handed here than OTOF.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:52 pm
juansweetpotato wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:22 pm
Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:17 pm Agree that +1, +2, +3, -1, -2, -3 is overkill. A simple +1 or -1 is enough, full stop.

As for Bingham and JSP, they both seem to be bringing their issues from TOF over here. Not necessary. Both posters, to me, are completely different to their OF alter-egos. Get a life, guys.
Sorry for inputting to the thread . If you were being reasonable, lol, you would have seen that I just ignore him.
No need to apologize, you're input is as welcome as anybody elses.

You just ignore him? But didn't you say . . .
juansweetpotato wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:45 am Bingham seriously trolled yet another of my posts. I gave him - 3 on each of his troll posts. What's wrong with that?
That's hardly ignoring someone is it? You're just giving him a reason to troll you back.
I decided to use the new facility that the General installed, presuming he had intalled it for that very reason. Why did I feel the need use it? Because the mods seemed to be asleep on the job, or...

So what you're saying is the General has installed an expensive new trolling system.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:47 pm sorry, I have a life outside here too
.Image
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

Hey Mods,

As a developer myself, these kinds of things always pop out at me, so I want to point it out in case one of the developers wants to fix it.

When I am browsing CEO but not logged on, if I click Darknet Cambodia News, the site prompts me to log on as it should to verify permissions. However, when I put in my username/password, I get redirected to a page not found broken link that says "The page you are looking for cannot be found" instead of to darknet. Is this by design or is it a small bug? I would suggest that it would be a better UX if the user were prompted for their login and then redirected to the page they had attempted to access rather than the broken link.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

kptic wrote:Hey Mods,

As a developer myself, these kinds of things always pop out at me, so I want to point it out in case one of the developers wants to fix it.

When I am browsing CEO but not logged on, if I click Darknet Cambodia News, the site prompts me to log on as it should to verify permissions. However, when I put in my username/password, I get redirected to a page not found broken link that says "The page you are looking for cannot be found" instead of to darknet. Is this by design or is it a small bug? I would suggest that it would be a better UX if the user were prompted for their login and then redirected to the page they had attempted to access rather than the broken link.
NOT by design.

Thank you VERY much for finding that bug. Have never noticed that, and I will forward this info.

I 100% agree with you, and I hope we can simply redirect to the proper page.

We've been doing a lot of updates lately, so maybe this was overlooked.

Again, thanks for bringing it to our attention.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kptic wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:02 am Hey Mods,

you need permission to access the darknet subforum, you are probably getting that message because maybe your username doesnt have access to that section yet, ill check
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

scrap that idea, he does have access, its a glitch
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

^Good thought, but I just tested it myself, and sure enough, if I login from the Darknet prompt, it logs me in and then takes me to an ugly 'you lost, fool!" page. That's not good. I'm sure there's a more technical name for that page, but it's definitely not good.

Jamie, if you've been able to learn Khmer script so well in an amazingly short amount of time, surely you can learn JavaScript as well, along with some php. Hell, I'd imagine it's easier than Khmer script. :assasin:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:26 am ^Good thought, but I just tested it myself, and sure enough, if I login from the Darknet prompt, it logs me in and then takes me to an ugly 'you lost, fool!" page. That's not good. I'm sure there's a more technical name for that page, but it's definitely not good.
I think it's actually more of a question - "You lost, fool?" - because it offers a search box.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic