North Korea issues challenge to Trump by firing new missile into Sea of Japan

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Late-night missile launched in Chagang province reportedly flew for 1,000km

‘We cannot accept these repeated provocations by North Korea’

Tom Phillips in Beijing
Friday 28 July 2017 16.47 BST Last modified on Friday 28 July 2017 22.14 BST

The North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, has issued a fresh challenge to Donald Trump, firing what military officials in the US and South Korea identified as a ballistic missile into the Sea of Japan.

The launch, late on Friday – which came less than a month after Pyongyang claimed to have tested its first intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) – took place in North Korea’s Chagang province, toward the border with China, at about 11.41pm local time, South Korea’s joint chiefs of staff said.

US officials told NBC the missile had flown for about 1,000km and had landed within Japan’s exclusive economic zone.

“We assess that this missile was an intercontinental ballistic missile, as had been expected,” Pentagon spokesman Jeff Davis said in a statement. “The missile was launched from Mupyong-ni and traveled about 1,000km before splashing down in the Sea of Japan. We are working with our interagency partners on a more detailed assessment,” he said.

In a telephone conversation after the test, the heads of the US and South Korean militaries discussed “military response options”, the Pentagon said.

General Joe Dunford, chairman of the joint Chiefs of Staff, and Admiral Harry Harris, who heads the US military’s Pacific Command, spoke with South Korea’s joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman, General Lee Sun Jin.

Japan led the international condemnation of North Korea’s latest launch, which appeared to have been timed to mark commemorations of the end of Korean war in 1953.

“This clearly shows the threat to our nation’s safety is severe and real,” said Japan’s prime minister, Shinzo Abe, vowing to do “our utmost to protect the safety of the Japanese people”.

“We cannot accept these repeated provocations by North Korea,” Japan’s chief cabinet secretary, Yoshihide Suga, told reporters, adding that the missile had flown for about 45 minutes.

South Korea’s president, Moon Jae-in, chaired a national security council meeting in the early hours of Saturday.

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres condemned the launch of a “ballistic missile of possible intercontinental range,” his spokesman said in a statement.

Russia – which maintains warm diplomatic relations with Pyongyang – disputed the US and Japanese description of the missile given, saying it appeared to be a “medium-range” weapon, not an ICBM.

Earlier this month, Moscow blocked a UN security council statement condemning North Korea’s last missile launch because it said that rocket was also medium-range – despite assertions by the US and Pyongyang.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... eports-say
See crook!!!
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: North Korea issues challenge to Trump by firing new missile into Sea of Japan

Post by soup »

You're going to see a war start soon. Looking at the big picture it could be the start of world war three.

I apologize, in advance, for anything my government does. :facepalm:

North Korea? tbh, that guy has to go!
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Re: North Korea issues challenge to Trump by firing new missile into Sea of Japan

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

soup wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:19 am You're going to see a war start soon. Looking at the big picture it could be the start of world war three.

To be honest, I thnk the Chinese are running rings around your president.
If you live in one of the target countries, just remember to wrap everything, including yourself, in tin foil for the EMP discharge.
See crook!!!
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:08 am
soup wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:19 am You're going to see a war start soon. Looking at the big picture it could be the start of world war three.

If you live in one of the target countries, just remember to wrap everything, including yourself, in tin foil for the EMP discharge.
A three-year-old could run rings around this president, and sadly, he's got more integrity than Hillary.

Your tin-foil comment is a bit played. Try being original.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

soup wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:15 am

A three-year-old could run rings around this president, and sadly, he's got more integrity than Hillary.

Sorry, after I posted that, I realised that you might take it personally because I said " yourself". Not what I meant. I was just considering what one could do if there were a nuclear attack. It was a joke about all those people who go on about tin foil hats if they don't agree with people questioning things that they agree with. Meaning they had better get the foil out.
Last edited by AlonzoPartriz on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
See crook!!!
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:26 am
soup wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:15 am

Sorry, after I posted that, I realised that you might take it personally because I said " yourself". Not what I meant. I was just considering what one could do if there were a nuclear attack. It was a joke about all those peopke who go on about tin foil hats if they don't agree with people questioning things that they agree with.
Understandable! :beer3:

"Never stop questioning" - Einstein (I think)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

soup wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:29 am"Never stop questioning" - Einstein (I think)
Was it?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

StroppyChops wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:27 pm
soup wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:29 am"Never stop questioning" - Einstein (I think)
Was it?
Well, it certainly wasn't one of god's.
See crook!!!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Fat kid does some more silly posturing. Nothing new here.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic