ignore button

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ryoon
Expatriate

ignore button

Post by ryoon »

What about an ignore button.
Rather then limiting the number of post or banning user who post too much (in the opinion of the mod) an ignore button would be a good solution.

Each user can then "ban" who ever he likes and you keep the ban option for more serious breach of etiquette
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: ignore button

Post by StroppyChops »

^ I haven't checked the CEO profile config, but I'd be surprised if the Foe list function isn't available. Gives you exactly what your asking for. Moving on...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

I saw that in the control panel > friends or foe.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

StroppyChops wrote:... but I'd be surprised if the Foe list function isn't available. Gives you exactly what your asking for. Moving on...
Me thinks you're right, although I've never used that function in my entire life...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ryoon
Expatriate

Post by ryoon »

Ok did not knew about this.
So putting someone on the foe categories make him/her invisible to the user ? If this is the case this is equivalent to an ignore button.
If this is the case why the mode on KH440 did not suggest to use this function if people are bother by the number of type of intervention of certain poster. That what it is for.
Add adding him/her as a friend does what ? You receive notification when a new post/topic is created ?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

The problem is that it interrupts the flow of the thread.

Better first to try and find common ground, then when that fails to report the user, and if they disagree with you, learn to live with that user/change your viewpoint.

Otherwise your foe changes the topic of the thread, and you are unaware of it.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

oh vlad, you are feeling like Madagascar today. What about tomorrow?
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Tomorrow I'd like a double vodka and mango juice. Thanks for the offer.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

ryoon wrote: Add adding him/her as a friend does what ? You receive notification when a new post/topic is created ?
As far as I know, it just adds then to a list on the side of your screen and tells you which of your friends are online. It also makes it easy to choose a friend to PM when you're at the messages screen.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

ryoon wrote: Add adding him/her as a friend does what ?
It sends a PM to everyone saying "Get this...Poster X wants to be electronic 'friends' with another dude on this forum!!! How GAY is that ?? That's man-tastic."

What a forum really needs is a button that sends a painful electric shock to the keyboard of someone you don't like.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic