What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by Username Taken »

StroppyChops wrote:When I hear people complaining about how Bodge was so much better in the old days, I can't help but think they mean they miss the BJ bars and how you could talk openly (brag, keep score, add inches) about such things without having to consider the audience. Does that about sum it up?
You have absolutely no idea.

My 'old day' memories of the, err, 'Penh' are of a quaint, large country town kind of place.
A place with very little traffic, and broken roads with no road rules. Yet you could get from anywhere to anywhere else in 5 -15 minutes, depending on distance (not depending on traffic).
It may sound a bit wild-westish depending on what tales you've heard and from whom, but it really was an international, big country town that had available just about any imported foods or drink you wanted at ridiculously cheap prices (VB was widely available in most bars).
It cost me 1000 riel to go to work. 2000 to go from the vicinity of Sydney Shopping Center to the riverside. And there were way, way fewer foreigners and zero family tourists.
That's how I recall the 'old days'.
It wasn't all about sex and dick measuring.

Anyone who remembers what I described above and is still living here will surely agree the availability of sex has unchanged, but that quaintness of PP has gone forever.

I believe the BJs you mention are still available. In fact, probably available in many places around the world, if that's your thing.

:popcorn:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

^ UT has been here longer than anyone I know and I respect his opinion a lot.

He may not post like it but he has a lot of knowledge about Cambodia.

Preach on brother UT.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^ I wasn't preaching!

I was just sayin'.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:When I hear people complaining about how Bodge was so much better in the old days, I can't help but think they mean they miss the BJ bars and how you could talk openly (brag, keep score, add inches) about such things without having to consider the audience. Does that about sum it up?
Can you please stop referring to it as "the bodge"?

You sound like a god damn hipster.
Well that seems to address my question well! I don't think anyone refers to Cambodia as "the bodge", that would just be stupid.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Image
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote:
You have absolutely no idea.

My 'old day' memories of the, err, 'Penh' are of a quaint, large country town kind of place.
A place with very little traffic, and broken roads with no road rules. Yet you could get from anywhere to anywhere else in 5 -15 minutes, depending on distance (not depending on traffic).
It may sound a bit wild-westish depending on what tales you've heard and from whom, but it really was an international, big country town that had available just about any imported foods or drink you wanted at ridiculously cheap prices (VB was widely available in most bars).
It cost me 1000 riel to go to work. 2000 to go from the vicinity of Sydney Shopping Center to the riverside. And there were way, way fewer foreigners and zero family tourists.
That's how I recall the 'old days'.
It wasn't all about sex and dick measuring.

Anyone who remembers what I described above and is still living here will surely agree the availability of sex has unchanged, but that quaintness of PP has gone forever. I believe the BJs you mention are still available. In fact, probably available in many places around the world, if that's your thing.

:popcorn:
Exactly the sort of response I was hoping for, thanks - I was hoping it was more than the other thing. You're right, I have no idea, hence the question. There wasn't any judgement in the question, by the way.

One of our learning resources teaches how to say "I usually pay 50r for a motodop to the Riverside", this is obviously referring to an earlier time. The photos I've seen of earlier days paint the quaint picture you do, and it would be great to hear more about it rather than just "I miss the old days" - and incidentally, "I miss the old days" directly implies "before you people arrived", whether intentioned or not. I think you might have said this above, but cool.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

StroppyChops wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:Image
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

:D :D :D Well played, sir!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

TBH, I will be the first one to say it. I want KiR to come over here and have the same attitude.

I mean come on twatflannel is funny as fuck. Either that or reach out to BubbleT. LOL
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I have to admit I was drinking Coke (a-Cola) when I first read that from KiR, it took me a while to get it out of my nostrils.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic