Danish Expat Robbed in Kampot by Old Beggar Lady; Or He Dropped His Wallet...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Danish Expat Robbed in Kampot by Old Beggar Lady; Or He Dropped His Wallet...

Post by General Mackevili »

A post by a Danish expat living in Kampot says he was robbed, or later concludes that maybe just dropped his wallet. Come on, get your act together.

"EMERGENCY !!! I JUST WAS ROBBED!!!

Sitting at the terras of Brass Monkey, the old lady beggar came to ask for money.As I was busy on my phone, she passed past behind my back, towards Rusty at the corner, True the plants instead of going back to the street and continue her ´job´ ...When I wanted to pay the bill, my wallet was gone!! That was only a matter of 5 minutes.

So, my friend and I went driving around town to find her,.. without any succes. At this time she useally just started her ´rounds´ but she was nowhere to be found, In this short time. This means that she had to check my wallet somewhere out of sight, in private and found´ out that she didn´t had to work for the rest of the month and stayed out of sight.

So my dear fellow Kampotians, please let me know if you hear something about a black wallet . Please let me know, it is really important to me

Thank you
"

Random replies:
Spoiler:
That sucks big time. Hope someone finds it.

They have cctv no?

If you have her stealing it on cctv report her. They wilk know where shes from. Probably wont get money but poss find where she dumped the rest and make enough pain for her she wont be allowed back in the area

I would cool it and check cams first before accusing anyone.

Show the cctv to the tuk tuk drivers. They tend to do a better job than the police in my experience. They don't like people stealing from customers on their patch. At least that's how it works in PP...

You left your wallet on the table?
Or she pick pocketed you?

We sat there and the wallet somehowe maybe slipped out of the pocket, I don't know !!!! I would like at least the pictures of my kids I kind of took god care of for 30 odd years back, fuck the money and the credit cards, it´s only plastic !

Hmmm. So you are not even sure you havent list it?

Busy on your phone? You paid the price. Wake up

Put it down to experience and be more careful in future.

You where stolen something. Robbed is differentImageImage

What is happening in Kampot these days?...it used to be a paradise

Paradise of drug related deaths the place is getting a bad reputation.

I am a regular visitor....but the whole experience seems to be going slightly downhill...somehow Kampot does not feel like Cambodia anymore

You mean the devoted ,super poor Cambodia cheap charlys love(d) so much?

No...not at all...I just find Kampot to be a mini version of a wannabee bourgeois suburb of west London...but with better weather. That's all...

This post was about someone having something taken from them and asking for assistance and creating awareness. Why change the message. There are issues in every town. But this was not the time to voice those opinions. Offer assistance and support or say nothing. When someone bags this place then jump on board. Then leave if you not happy here.

I was only saying the place has changed and not for the better that's all. I wouldn't want to raise a family here forever that's for sure Don't understand people that do really.

So many young people seem to die In this town it's crazy.

yeah.... i miss the old days when it was just down and out geezers who came here to die. such a nicer time.

Well , I walked out of a kampot cafe after having morning coffee . (A khmer owned and run cafe.) I left my bag with about 100 dollors and driving permit and other odds and ends. This is discovered late afternoon , and returned to the cafe. The staff had taken it and put it away awaiting my return. All smiles and NOTHING missing. Such lovely people.
In my own country this would not be likely.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram