WTB Uninterrupted Power Supply

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

WTB Uninterrupted Power Supply

Post by StroppyChops »

I need to buy a domestic UPS for my NAS ("thingy" for the non technical posters). WTB, anyone?

Also, someone was chasing a laptop cooler plate some time back, was there any joy in that? Ours wants to scorch it's brand into the table in this climate.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: WTB Uninterrupted Power Supply

Post by walkjivefly »

Dunno about a UPS, probably any of the bigger PC shops would be worth checking out. The place Vlad recommended for $5 cooler trays didn't have any for $5 when I looked but pretty much every computer shop in town had loads the $7-12 range.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

walkjivefly wrote:Dunno about a UPS, probably any of the bigger PC shops would be worth checking out. The place Vlad recommended for $5 cooler trays didn't have any for $5 when I looked but pretty much every computer shop in town had loads the $7-12 range.
Thanks, the benchmark price on the cooler trays is a good starting point. I'll go down the corner and amuse the boys at TTP market in the morning. Nearly made a seller cry this afternoon over a 'leather' bag, eventually had to ask him if the agreed price was still good for him (as in good for you, good for me) - I wasn't going to pay him more, but would have let him out of the agreement given his look of desolation. He sniffed that it was "okay, bong, okay".
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I was in buying one of those battery backup fan/lights on Monivong and noticed the seller also had transformers and conditioners. I asked him about "battery for computer, when power goes out" - he frowned and then understood, and was also of the opinion that the PC shops are the best bet. I'll give it a try next time I'm around Kampuchea Krom.

Edit: thinking about it, I probably could have just asked if he had a UPS, and not been so condescending.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

V-tech on Kampuchea Krom, Google it.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Pacific Systems on 105 near 310. Phone 023 219289. Last time I checked, they had 4 or 5 sizes and extra batteries.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

ABC computers have them priced from $35 upwards. I bought the 650 KVA one years ago for $35 and it seems its still the same price. Just go to the link below and type in UPS and you will get a list of all their stock.

http://abc.com.kh/detail/product/UPS%20 ... 650VA/360/
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Thanks all, good info. I know V-Tech so I'll start there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic