There's a Barang Running Around Phnom Penh Selling Meat Pies in Hostess Bars

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: There's a Barang Running Around Phnom Penh Selling Meat Pies in Hostess Bars

Post by timmydownawell »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:49 pm This was a little purchase to my establishment not long ago. When I have the hunger, Bingo! I have a pie of my choice "Magic".

Want. I should totally get one of those.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: There's a Barang Running Around Phnom Penh Selling Meat Pies in Hostess Bars

Post by Username Taken »

Me too. But I want the bigger size that does 4 pies.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

must admit they are small, and only two at a time. But only 8 minutes to start to finish. So if you was to take out the first cooked pies, and then put in the second batch, by the time you have finished eating them it is time for seconds :) Plus the gadget cooks Yorkshire puddings and fruit pies.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Breville also has a 4 pie maker

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Nice one! I am a poor modest man, I only have two. :(
Always "hope" but never "expect".
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm
timmydownawell wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:15 pm My favorite was always the good old Georgie Pie steak and cheese.

After they went I moved over to Mrs Macs steak and cheese.

If you didn't burn yourself on the gravy and cheese did you really eat the pie?
I quite like Mrs Macs. They kept getting rated poorly for actual meat content though.

Is Georgie Pie making a comeback?
I wish. I may even go back to New Zealand if it did.
C'mon...Georgie Pie pies were overrated, as are Mrs. Macs...they're mass produced, budget pies.

Georgie Pie attempted s comeback in partnership with McDonalds, last year IIRC, only one flavour was available and they were only sold at certain Mickey Ds branches.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:14 pm
kiwiincambodia wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm
timmydownawell wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:15 pm My favorite was always the good old Georgie Pie steak and cheese.

After they went I moved over to Mrs Macs steak and cheese.

If you didn't burn yourself on the gravy and cheese did you really eat the pie?
I quite like Mrs Macs. They kept getting rated poorly for actual meat content though.

Is Georgie Pie making a comeback?
I wish. I may even go back to New Zealand if it did.
C'mon...Georgie Pie pies were overrated, as are Mrs. Macs...they're mass produced, budget pies.

Georgie Pie attempted s comeback in partnership with McDonalds, last year IIRC, only one flavour was available and they were only sold at certain Mickey Ds branches.
hahaha i remember seeing that in a Services when we was traveling down from Whangarei to New Plymouth for a Tattoo convention back in 2014 lol had to get a picture...

incredible!! haha

[edit] you notice how both pies in my picture and the other picture are exactly the same and photoshopped in hahahaha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:facepalm: pieman now has a facebook page.
Pieman Phnom Phen
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Mmmmmmmmm pies. I like pie.
You could be next.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

PIEMAN wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:50 pm :facepalm: pieman now has a facebook page.
Pieman Phnom Phen

That's good, are you going to post the link, or is it ex directory :D

Simple Simon met a pieman,
selling in a bar;
Says Simple Simon to the pieman,
let me taste your ware.

Says the pieman to Simple Simon,
Show me your cash you mullet;
Says Simple Simon to the pieman,
A bar girl stole my wallet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic