Peppery House

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Peppery House

Post by kennzo »

New restaurant on street #19, got a 30% discount card so giving it a go. Review to follow.
I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
Mekong Mickey
Expatriate

Re: Peppery House

Post by Mekong Mickey »

Thanks for telling us you have a 30% discount to place you have never been to!

Are you from Detroit?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Mekong Mickey wrote:Are you from Detroit?
Something wrong with the filters - are the admins letting just anybody in here?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Cambod
Site Admin

Post by Cambod »

StroppyChops wrote:
Mekong Mickey wrote:Are you from Detroit?
Something wrong with the filters - are the admins letting just anybody in here?
Heaven help us!
Cambod
Site Admin

Post by Cambod »

I also have a 30% discount card! ! ! ! .....that I haven't used just yet... Soon though..

Mekong Mickey
Expatriate

Post by Mekong Mickey »

WOW! Just Wow! I wish I had 30% off a place I have never been to and probably will never go to!

:greet:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

All this tells me (like any other sale or discount) is that the place is ripping people off at least 30% over and above...
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:All this tells me (like any other sale or discount) is that the place is ripping people off at least 30% over and above...
it's called a loss leader.

generally cost of goods + 100% should be around where your selling price lives. this generally allows for overhead expenses/etc with some profit. obviously on big ticket items that require lower overhead this is something you won't get by with.

when you do a sale like this you're at cost of goods + 70%... generally still enough that you won't go bankrupt and worth it to get those people in the door and talking about your product. it's marketing, and generally written into a marketing expense column as a cost of doing business. it doesn't mean that your regular price is too high.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

^ understood.
Mekong Mickey
Expatriate

Post by Mekong Mickey »

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:All this tells me (like any other sale or discount) is that the place is ripping people off at least 30% over and above...
it's called a loss leader.

generally cost of goods + 100% should be around where your selling price lives. this generally allows for overhead expenses/etc with some profit. obviously on big ticket items that require lower overhead this is something you won't get by with.

when you do a sale like this you're at cost of goods + 70%... generally still enough that you won't go bankrupt and worth it to get those people in the door and talking about your product. it's marketing, and generally written into a marketing expense column as a cost of doing business. it doesn't mean that your regular price is too high.
Wouldn't a 30% discount on the meal be "cost of goods" + 40%? Just asking :friends:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic