Today:Dutch guy denied entry for too many tourist visas.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: Today:Dutch guy denied entry for too many tourist visas.

Post by LaudJohn »

Yes they are cracking down on people who abuse the visa exempt stamp (which is what I believe he is referring to instead of an actual visa). Unfortunately some genuine cases of regular visitors, like this one may be, are just collateral damage . As too for example is the limitation to two visa exempt land crossings which has affected quite a few Expats living in Cambodia.

I enter Thailand about a dozen times a year either as a quick trip or commuting through from Cambodia to OZ. None of my stays are greater than 10 days, some only 4 hours for drinks with friends between connections, but I was worried about the amount of visa exempt entries I had resulting in problems and just got a one year multi entry Thai Retirement visa so this situation will not (hopefully) occur.

Richard, what is the significance of 26 October???
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I used to vacation in Thailand Jan. & Feb. and July & Aug. every year... until a year ago when I was (at first) denied entry; then, the Immigration supervisor at HKT "did me a favour" for 2000 baht ... no receipt.

Fuck Thailand! Now, I spend my money in Cambodia.
You could be next.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

"last kings" funeral... everyone believes things are being kept quiet in respect for now but after....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asi ... al-8742582
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jayblues
Expatriate

Post by jayblues »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:08 pm
jayblues wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:27 pm For those who are not married nor attached to a Thai girlfriend, the Philippines is becoming an increasingly good option, especially places like Cebu, Bohol, or Palawan.
I can see a migration happening. The lack in the Philippines is the nightlife, those expats who cling to barstools won't really have that option in the Philippines. There is some nightlife in Cebu or Angeles (with Angeles being more popular with formerly expats of Thailand), but everywhere else is fairly well just sit around and watch live music and drink at a table.
Tourism is not full on like Thailand or Cambodia. It's just the Philippines.
I rather like it though, lovely people, not a lot of hassles, and cheap beer.

Out side of the main centers / cities, what's the internet and tv services like, and are there supermarket that sell products from oz etc like here at Bayon / Lucky ?
Probably want to stick to main cities or at least provinces like Pampanga,Boracay, Cebu or Bohol. The supermarkets in Cebu did have products from Australia and New Zealand. Internet service was always good where I stayed, and cheap. But further from the main city would likely be slow and unreliable other than data on a mobile phone through the main providers. Television services are good.
The expats I encountered in Philippines were generally very friendly and laid back. But it doesn't have the big numbers of expats/tourists that visit mainland countries. So there isn't a lot of the services and businesses that cater to tourists/expats.
I'm kind of leaning towards going back just because I had a good experience there and very few hassles, overall it was just a good vibes and welcoming place to long stay.
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

........and another one..........................

Another refused entry

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/99 ... ry/?page=1
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic