EOS renewals - July update

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: EOS renewals - July update

Post by John Bingham »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 am

EOS is accurate information. That's what it's called now. I expect PSD used the correct name as he's sick of trolls on tof picking up on the slightest thing to criticise to try and derail the thread.
I expect he used it because too many people keep posting stupid shit about 1 year visas etc.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Pizzalover wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:07 am The calls for making a stand and deriding those who pay the 280 USD are a bit misplaced.
Not when you've argued back against them till you're blue in the face as well for the last seven years they're not. :D
See crook!!!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 am Who the hell says EOS? Why not just say visa or visa extension?
Well, me. Because every time I talk about visa extensions someone else jumps on me to tell me I'm using the wrong phrases. And they're technically correct, so I went with EOS.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

so eos "Extension of stay" which is 100% what it is, its NOT a visa

I have been on EOS's here in Thailand for 15 years LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Agreed Richard. But are you paying overprice, like in Cambodia?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:44 am PSD or Stroppy? Either way a visa is a visa... Whatever, it's new to me so people can call it whatever they want. I do agree that regular changes will help stamp out corruption.
It's also entirely possible that when the 'official fee' is enforced, it may just be hiked to $285 and then business will just continue as usual behind a facade of correctness.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:46 pm Agreed Richard. But are you paying overprice, like in Cambodia?
nope 1,900 baht for a year
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:54 am
AndyKK wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:46 pm Agreed Richard. But are you paying overprice, like in Cambodia?
nope 1,900 baht for a year
That's why i always say Saigon has more in common with Cambodia on greediness than Thailand.
Well, it is Kampuchea Krom.
See crook!!!
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

1900 baht in Thailand plus the bank deposit at a very low interest rate. Sure you can transfer money in an out but also at a price. I think these expenses need to be factored in as well as the age limit (50 yrs.)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Pizzalover wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:30 pm 1900 baht in Thailand plus the bank deposit at a very low interest rate. Sure you can transfer money in an out but also at a price. I think these expenses need to be factored in as well as the age limit (50 yrs.)
OR have a outside income /pension amounting to 65,000 baht/month or combination of both ( money in bank and income/pension)
yes 50 ,its a retirement extension. 50 is fairly low age :popcorn:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic