Buffet breakfasts in PP?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
rick o'shea
Expatriate

Buffet breakfasts in PP?

Post by rick o'shea »

A question for those with large appetites...
Where can I get a buffet breakfast in our fair city? It doesn't need to be haute cuisine, but somewhere with a good spread for a fair price.

Like the veranda's in Kep would be great!
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Buffet breakfasts in PP?

Post by Kuroneko »

rick o'shea wrote:A question for those with large appetites...
Where can I get a buffet breakfast in our fair city? It doesn't need to be haute cuisine, but somewhere with a good spread for a fair price.

Like the veranda's in Kep would be great!
Bougainvillier Hotel on Riverside do an ok buffet for $8.5. Unlimited fruit drink,pots of tea and coffe, cornflakes, eggs (cooked to order). The bacon, beans, local style saussage, tomatoes, etc all from a bain marie, and so like most buffet breakfasts not that exciting. Then there's toast, croissants, and decent jam. All in nice surroundings. When I lived on Riverside I used to go quite frequently , a good place to read the papers lounge around with endless coffe or tea post breakfast.

http://www.bougainvillierhotel.com/restaurant.php#
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Not what you're looking for but I think Alley Cat has a all you can eat pancake special. There's that restaurant on the Riverside underneath Mekong River Lounge but it's not even worth mentioning (eggs and bread, lol... But for like 2.75$). Hopefully others have some decent suggestions as I'd also be interested in some good morning grub.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
rick o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick o'shea »

thanks guys. Sometimes I need a good graze. I went to Freebird for the first time ever this week, after living here over 6 years. The breakfast burrito was great, but I'd need to order 2 or 3 plates on days where I have a serious calorie deficit!
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

The mekong river is good for the price at 2.75, Bread and eggs and fake juice and some fruit but also semi-decent coffee, which makes it a good deal. Papers and wifi thrown in. Very good if you're on a budget and not too demanding foodwise.

Any hotels with a decent breakfast buffet spread, apart from bougainvilliers ? Also, what time does it close ? It should be at least 10-10:30, what's the point of a buffet if you can't take the time ?
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

the frangipani BF is "Breakfast buffet from 6 AM to 10:30 AM" according to the above link.

but seems, they dont have bacon ?

they have also some lunch thing for $6.50 (pizza+salad+coffee+wifi on some roof terrace).
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Any expensive breakfast buffet without bacon is a scam IMHO.

I fell for it in snooky recently when I booked at a hotel (Holiday Villa Nataya) on the basis of their buffet breakfast. Big mistake, it was a fucking HALAL breakfast which of course is never mentioned anywhere on their site or on booking.com
rick o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick o'shea »

logos wrote:Any expensive breakfast buffet without bacon is a scam IMHO.

I fell for it in snooky recently when I booked at a hotel (Holiday Villa Nataya) on the basis of their buffet breakfast. Big mistake, it was a fucking HALAL breakfast which of course is never mentioned anywhere on their site or on booking.com
I had a week in Malaysia recently and quickly got tired of 'bacon' made out of chicken or beef at breakfast buffets!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

potty wrote:the frangipani BF is "Breakfast buffet from 6 AM to 10:30 AM" according to the above link.
If you are referring to the Frangipani on St 123, I wouldn't recommend it unless you get there early - it's buffet, apart from omelettes and pho cooked to order, and once the locusts descend, they are really, REALLY slow at refilling dishes. The coffee is also hard to stomach.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

from the link above

"Frangipania

River views Roof Top Bar & Pizza Open Air & Air-con
Pizza Lunch set menu 7/7
06.50 USD
1 Salad – 1 Pizza – 1 Coffee Enjoy free WIFI"

#277C, Quay Sisowath, Phnom Penh 12306, Cambodi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic