American Expat Corey Goode Died in a Phnom Penh Motorbike Accident Last Month

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: American Expat Corey Goode Died in a Phnom Penh Motorbike Accident Last Month

Post by phuketrichard »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Username Taken wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Wasn't he here before as the director of that NGO?
That's what it says in the OP. :hattip:
Right. :oops: I just read the "was only in Cambodia 3 days" bit. My bad.

2 questions/
how does one get to be a director at 22 ( as it was before)
why go from director to teaching
strange
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: American Expat Corey Goode Died in a Phnom Penh Motorbike Accident Last Month

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Username Taken wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Wasn't he here before as the director of that NGO?
That's what it says in the OP. :hattip:
Right. :oops: I just read the "was only in Cambodia 3 days" bit. My bad.

2 questions/
how does one get to be a director at 22 ( as it was before)
why go from director to teaching
strange
I think it's not a director in the sense that you or I might think of the position. As far as I am aware he was director of the Global Peace Exchange which is a student led organisation at Florida State University and according to their site:

Global Peace Exchange is a student-run, non-profit organization located at Florida State University. Global Peace Exchange (GPE) connects undergraduate students with grassroots NGOs in developing countries. The goals of GPE are to provide real-world, educational experiences to students, while also providing helpful services to NGOs in need of resources.
https://gpecambodia.wordpress.com/about/
http://www.globalpeaceexchange.org/
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yep, I think you're right. My condolences to the family. Sadly, it's yet another example of why inexperienced riders and newbies to the kingdom should avoid riding motorcycles.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i am a experienced rider and have ridden in many cities, in SE asia and worldwide wouldn't even think of it in PP,
i will stick to my car or tuk tuk's
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Same here, I've ridden a scooter for years in both Auckland and Sydney. I use motodops regularly here but still not sure I want to ride one myself.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

I've had many more near death experiences on Melbourne roads than on Phnom Penh roads.

Highway riding here is a whole other thing.
Mikeglass
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Mikeglass »

Really sad to hear this. I went to middle school and a little bit of high school with Corey. We were friends at the time and from the little bit I recall he was a really funny, great guy. I'm currently teaching in Korea and recently heard about this and it breaks my heart. I'm not religious, but rest easy man. I hope you're busy exploring whatever comes after this!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic