New immigration boss vows deep investigation of expats

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: New immigration boss vows deep investigation of expats

Post by vladimir »

Pattaya was nothing until 1959/1960..but wtf does wikipedia know?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattaya
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

the thing with the new immigration is Many many Farangs in Pattaya, do not legally qualify for staying in Thailand, There many shady agents that will get you 1 year visas for 20-25,000 baht/year, this is what the new boss wants to stop

Ok,no sources for pattaya, but i lived there as well (1984-1985), way before the darkside was built and walking street had as many restaurants as bars ( but than again the Marine bar/disco at 3 am was something)
nowadays lots of families vacation there, u think they built a hard rock, nong nouch village, splash down adventure, Cartoon Network water-park,Ramayana Water Park, over 15 golf courses, fancy huge resorts and shopping malls for the cheap whoremongers?? :stir:

I do agree it was built on the back of the beautiful Issan thai girl in the 60'sand 70's with the gi on top :beer3:

go and look now,still plenty of sex but Pattaya beach and Jomtien beach are full of thai familes every weekend
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 pmOk,no sources for pattaya, but i lived there as well (1984-1985), way before the darkside was built and walking street had as many restaurants as bars ( but than again the Marine bar/disco at 3 am was something)
My point was about its origin.

1984 was long after its origin. You know that, I know that, it is general knowledge.

You wrote this: 'Pattaya was a resort land before the army arrived'

Yet you have nothing to support this claim, and you admit this, yet you state that your visit in 1984 somehow validates a fact in 1960. How?

Living there from 1984-1985 has no bearing on its origin. On that issue, wikipedia is quite explicit, and it clearly supports my claim:

"Pattaya was a fishing village until the 1960s. Then, during the Vietnam War, American servicemen stationed at nearby U-Tapao or other US bases in Thailand began visiting Pattaya. One story, unverified by a reliable source, notes that it all started when a group of 500 American soldiers stationed at the military base in Korat were driven to Pattaya on 29 June 1959 for a week of rest and relaxation. They rented several houses at the south end of the beach from a prominent Thai, Lord Sunthorn. Despite their short stay, the soldiers had a great time and raved about the place. The word spread among other American soldiers stationed in the region and Pattaya quickly became a hot alternative to Bangkok.[1]
'

I would appreciate people using correct/reliable sources and not dismissing claims a la 440-style without citing reliable sources.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ok,i am wrong, admitted it, now u fucking happy? want a fucking medal??
the topic is about immigration's new boss
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Damn Richard, is your ego so easily bruised when someone calls you out on an error? :bigeyes:
Lighten up!. :whip2:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:17 pm ok,i am wrong, admitted it, now u fucking happy? want a fucking medal??
the topic is about immigration's new boss

Why give him a medal when you can just give him a karma point.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

vladimir wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:51 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 pmOk,no sources for pattaya, but i lived there as well (1984-1985), way before the darkside was built and walking street had as many restaurants as bars ( but than again the Marine bar/disco at 3 am was something)
it all started when a group of 500 American soldiers stationed at the military base in Korat were driven to Pattaya on 29 June 1959 for a week of rest and relaxation.
28 years before my birthday :bigeyes:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:35 pm
it all started when a group of 500 American soldiers stationed at the military base in Korat were driven to Pattaya on 29 June 1959 for a week of rest and relaxation.
You whippersnappers. Grrr. :sm smiley:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Luigi wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:41 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:35 pm
You whippersnappers. Grrr. :sm smiley:
its made my day knowing that i was born on the same day as Pattaya, no wonder i have a strange connection to the place.... its fate :OD: O:-)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic