2088 users online

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: 2088 users online

Post by phuketrichard »

it all depends on how ur site is set up ,some tracking sites count every image as a page click
Been dealing with affiliate programs and seo since the late 90's
I would never trust "users online" or "number of clicks" as a means to decide to advertise or not, nor would anyone that knows anything
( do u have access to every users online ip address?)
I think most Affiliate Programs don't pay as much as if it were from the US
no idea where u heard that, but 100% untrue
Affiliate programs pay the same amount of commission regardless where the click originates from or where the site is based.

you all keep down playing thai visa but they have tons of members, tons of good info and.... make a good profit as well :beer3:
so what if they are heavy on censorship,play by their rules or dont play at all.....

PS ; thai visa right now has 2,972 users online, https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/online/

you; In total there are 1820 users online
u seriously think u only have 1,152 less? :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kampong Spooner wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:05 pm I've been keeping an eye on this during the latest willy waggling,and normally, despite jelly head's (the Scottish meaning) assertions, this place has always been below par in random user online samples.

However, checking the latest data shows that gonks site has finally claimed more online users.

I'm going to eat my hat and follow the general s lead and take another chill pill.
Lol. :wink: Passe the chill pills.
I don't think most forum users care about the stats.They just like or don't like the forum, whether they feel welcome, if its informative, funny, or whatever.
Stats are only important to see the direction that the forum is taking. K440 stats are down, CEO are up for the moment. You say you check the latest data, but isn't that because you are a mod or something on K440 ? Most posters just don't care about the CEO vs K440 stuff.
Someone said somewhere else that it's quality not quantity that counts on a forum and I'd agree with that.
And please eat your hat online. :2girlsit8: Wash it down with a large beer. :beer1:

Ps; What is a jelly head ? Scottish or otherwise.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote:
PS ; thai visa right now has 2,972 users online, https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/online/

It would be interesting to know what their "time span" is. I'm sure it's less than us. It's probably 5 minutes, LoL.

No, Richard, I do not think we have only 1,152 less people online than ThaiVisa, nor have I ever said anything bad about them. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:39 pm
phuketrichard wrote:

It would be interesting to know what their "time span" is. I'm sure it's less than us. It's probably 5 minutes, LoL.

No, Richard, I do not think we have only 1,152 less people online than ThaiVisa, nor have I ever said anything bad about them. Image
It's funny you say that about time span, but snce you posted about stats in response to Scobienz's bullshit on it, I have been watching the stats on both sites. I noticed that a few days ago, when they changed their timing from 360 to 180, there was little or no change to​ their users online stat numbers. Not sure how that works.
See crook!!!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

LOL:

thai visa now 3,012 online ( 240 registered users logged in)
24 minutes : :beer3:

CEO
1801 users online :: 67 registered
360 minutes

Now thats something to aim for :popcorn:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ Yeah, but wasn't it sold not so long ago for several million baht/dollars.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:51 pm LOL:

thai visa now 3,012 online ( 240 registered users logged in)
24 minutes : :beer3:

CEO
1801 users online :: 67 registered
360 minutes

Now thats something to aim for :popcorn:
That's because everyone on here is clicking over there to see how many users are on :D
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

If you build it they will come. I'm wiping myself clean now. If you genuinely give a shit then create a product people want and the shekels will follow, there's no point obsessing over numbers whilst your product turns to gooey shit in your hands and you have to suck off tramps for hosting fees.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic