getting rid of ants??

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Re: getting rid of ants??

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:51 pm i piss in a 10 liter container with a screw top at night. it is full in about a week.
then i hoe the ants nest into a nice little dam and pour the piss in.
about 10 liters will kill a real big red ant nest.
never needs a 2nd treatment.
when i run out of ants i cut it to 10 % and run it through the garden irrigation- great foliar fertilizer and does not smell at all when diluted.
I wait until no one is watching to do these things LOL.
got a bumper crop of corn in 70 days running it thru spray irrigation.

piss was formerly a highly valued commodity prior to petrochems.
they still harvest it for hormones in some countries.
you can evaporate, wash and evaporate the salts for making gunpowder or curing bacon.

nasty but effective.
A perfect compliment to the Goan Christian pork diet. Who said Muslims and Hindus weren't smart.
Do you have a pig sewage system Frank?
See crook!!!
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Goan pork vindaloo is the shiznit. The 1875 recipe.

jayblues
Expatriate

Post by jayblues »

I had a battle with ants in Bangkok that went on for months until I gave up. There are millions or more of them beneath the surface of what one might see in the home.
The most effective method was cleaning all surface areas and walls with white vinegar on a daily basis, also finding their entrances and first putting vinegar into the hole and then using silicone, gorilla tape, or a glue to seal their entrances, but they just wind up rerouting to other entrances.
I also resorted to killing hundreds of them at a time, while effective using the vinegar and random blocking of their routes, within a day or two, they would be back in full force working away.
Vinegar does deter them, as you can test this by wiping some vinegar in the path of working ants and they will stop and either turn around or try to reroute around the vinegar area.
But effectively it takes a lot more to get rid of them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic