More street violence by Chinese in Sihanoukville; 36 arrested.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: More street violence by Chinese in Sihanoukville; 36 arrested.

Post by Username Taken »

Pizzalover wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:45 pm Anyone here who could post some basic but helpful expressions for auspicious occasions like this? I would have loved to be locked up with any of the three (for a week at last).
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:30 pm
Pizzalover wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:45 pm Anyone here who could post some basic but helpful expressions for auspicious occasions like this? I would have loved to be locked up with any of the three (for a week at last).
Ok, my fault. I should have made it clear that the expressions were intended to establish further contact not to preclude it. Might have been obvious to most but then we should not expect too much from some readers.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Pizzalover wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:22 pm
Ok, my fault. I should have made it clear that the expressions were intended to establish further contact not to preclude it. Might have been obvious to most but then we should not expect too much from some readers.
oh in that case try one of these more subtle ones...

or...

or...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Fascinating read!

During my short, recent return to Snookyville i stayed in Victory hill.

Even in the microcosm of the hill, in the space of a few weeks much to the laothing of Western bar owners, the Chinese had bought out quite a few places,and new Chinese restaurants were also constructed. Nightime they blast out music and awful Karaoke without a care for other bar owners, who have to just put up with it. There had also been scuffles, and busloads of them getting drunk and behaving like 'louts', with the odd breakages and small fights.

I said to myself back then, it was only a short matter of time before something more serious was gonna happen........
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:03 am
Pizzalover wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:22 pm
oh in that case try one of these more subtle ones...

or...

or...
Google translate has a a speech function you can use:
https://translate.google.com/#auto/zh-C ... an%20apple
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Seeing as we don't seem to be getting any more info on this major battle with around 30 shots fired, I'm going to stick my neck out and say it was the Cambodians that started it. Otherwise we would surely have heard all about what the Chinese had done.

Note to (certain types of) Cambodians: if your going to pull your shitty tricks on foreigners, try not to do it to a bunch of Asian convicts with a building site full of convict mates.
See crook!!!
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Seems that things are back to normal. Chinese are back to their beers and chain smoking on the beach - much to the delight of some ladies who have made the location their second home. Ladyboys were sitting ready for business at the next table. Not much interaction between the Cambos and Chinese. Similar to the attitudes towards the barangs. Basically three groups in one place side by side. This can go wrong once more.

Some Ozzies were in a bad mood and piss drunk which is fully understandable. Sheep are not allowed in Economy so they had to bring with them their second choices and they looked like it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic