Expat In Thailand Warns Us Of South African Scammer (Louis Baartman) Trying Sell Land To Foreigners in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bushboy36
Tourist
South Africa

Re: Expat In Thailand Warns Us Of South African Scammer (Louis Baartman) Trying Sell Land To Foreigners in Siem Reap

Post by Bushboy36 »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 pm Who do we believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Believe the victims.
Praat waarheid
Tourist
South Africa

Re: Expat In Thailand Warns Us Of South African Scammer (Louis Baartman) Trying Sell Land To Foreigners in Siem Reap

Post by Praat waarheid »

I just have one question for all that posts above.where are the prove that this Baartman person ever ask any money on his Cambodia site or in Thailand were he lives and has his own business. The video that you are posting are things that happend in 2006 and only came on carteblanch in 2012. There was never money stolen from any wheel chair lady. The truth is that she did not want the wheel chair that was provided for her and then after everything was paid she wanted the money back. All of that was handed to the police and they told this woman that she is ungratefull for what was done for her. At the end one of Baartmans friends pad the lady so that she can get lost. It was not the first time this person was ungratefull for whats ppl has done for her. They even went out of there way to sponsor this lady to treat herself for a new hair do and guitar for her child and flowers for her sister and mom. There were artist the evening that performed for free... WHY!!! Becoz it was friends of Baartman and they agreed to help this lady. So in the future get all your facts STRAIGHT... Louis has nothing to do with farming in CAMBODIA or THAILAND... Louis has never asked for any money from anyone in CAMBODIA or THAILAND. He has a legal business in Thailand and as we all know that no country will allow anyone to come in and do something thats not legal. Why dont you ppl ask where the brokers are that left Baartman with all to deal in 2006. Baartman was never a broker. He never dealed with anyone. That was the brokers jobs. Most of the ppl that is making assumptions here does not know Baartman or the facts of anything. If he never agreed to speak to CB none of you would ever have heard op LOUIS BAARTMAN so why do you think he spoke to CB. There are so much more that i can tell you ppl. But i have also learnd that some ppl do not want to know the real truth. It is beter to make up stories than to ask what really is going on.
Praat waarheid
Tourist
South Africa

Post by Praat waarheid »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:11 am A lot of people talking about Louis Baartman on Facebook too:
Just yesterday my mom was telling me about his fantastic opportunity to come and farm in Cambodia, where my sister and I are currently living and working. My mother, being an avid farmer, was very excited for the opportunity. Today, a chilling post came across my Facebook wall, South African man scamming people with land in Siem Reap. 'It can't be', I thought. My mother, was definitely looking into a legit opportunity. Turns out, it is the same scum of a man. I immediately phoned my mother, to inform her and stop her from contacting him or his group. After talking with her, she explained that it seemed all legit and very positive. The image portrayed and promise made, seemed enticing but at a slightly hefty price. Thank you David Moller for your post as well as Nico Millenfrom Sirkus Chat for the information.

To anyone considering South East Asia, more specifically Cambodia or Thailand please be warned, Louis Baartman has been named on Carte Blanche as a man scamming people out of money. South Africans are being targeted as the state of our country continues to dwindle, he is using this feeling of vulnerability to his advantage.

Read the article and watch the video herein.

Share this across all platforms and social networks. He is an active member on several groups in South Africa. He is linked to a website, Facebook group and Radio station. My mother gained information about the "opportunity" on a Facebook page erected for members of our local farming community in the small town that my parents live in.

I have done some research and there are posts on:
-MELKBOSTRANDERS group
-RAYTON KOOP EN VERKOOP group
-SAFFAS IN SIEM

Please do warn other South Africans and Facebook group Admins of this man so that they can block or report his posts.
Carte Blanche

Can you please provide me with the prove where LOUIS BAARTMAN asked this person for any money??
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Praat waarheid wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:14 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:11 am A lot of people talking about Louis Baartman on Facebook too:
Just yesterday my mom was telling me about his fantastic opportunity to come and farm in Cambodia, where my sister and I are currently living and working. My mother, being an avid farmer, was very excited for the opportunity. Today, a chilling post came across my Facebook wall, South African man scamming people with land in Siem Reap. 'It can't be', I thought. My mother, was definitely looking into a legit opportunity. Turns out, it is the same scum of a man. I immediately phoned my mother, to inform her and stop her from contacting him or his group. After talking with her, she explained that it seemed all legit and very positive. The image portrayed and promise made, seemed enticing but at a slightly hefty price. Thank you David Moller for your post as well as Nico Millenfrom Sirkus Chat for the information.

To anyone considering South East Asia, more specifically Cambodia or Thailand please be warned, Louis Baartman has been named on Carte Blanche as a man scamming people out of money. South Africans are being targeted as the state of our country continues to dwindle, he is using this feeling of vulnerability to his advantage.

Share this across all platforms and social networks. He is an active member on several groups in South Africa. He is linked to a website, Facebook group and Radio station. My mother gained information about the "opportunity" on a Facebook page erected for members of our local farming community in the small town that my parents live in.

-MELKBOSTRANDERS group
-SAFFAS IN SIEM

Please do warn other South Africans and Facebook group Admins of this man so that they can block or report his posts.
Carte Blanche

Can you please provide me with the prove where LOUIS BAARTMAN asked this person for any money??
Are you suggesting that you are doing all this work for South Africans to come to Cambodia and not making a dime off them?

Why don't you just tell us what your game plan is. If you are doing all of this out of the kindness of your heart in order to help people come move to a 3rd world country for free, after a long career of apparently a long history of scamming people with a reported Ponzi Scheme, than you have a heart of gold and have really done a 180 degree turnaround in life, and I salute you.

For the record, that 'quote' was from Facebook, so do a search for it and I'm sure you can discuss it with the person who actually said it.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Expat In Thailand Warns Us Of South African Scammer (Louis Baartman) Trying Sell Land To Foreigners in Siem Reap

Post by rozzieoz »

Bushboy36 wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 pm Who do we believe?

Believe the victims.
I've been the victim of a conman, it's the shittiest thing. I really feel for them.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Praat waarheid
Tourist
South Africa

Post by Praat waarheid »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:37 am
Praat waarheid wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:14 pm

-MELKBOSTRANDERS group
-SAFFAS IN SIEM

Carte Blanche

Are you suggesting that you are doing all this work for South Africans to come to Cambodia and not making a dime off them?

Why don't you just tell us what your game plan is. If you are doing all of this out of the kindness of your heart in order to help people come move to a 3rd world country for free, after a long career of apparently a long history of scamming people with a reported Ponzi Scheme, than you have a heart of gold and have really done a 180 degree turnaround in life, and I salute you.

For the record, that 'quote' was from Facebook, so do a search for it and I'm sure you can discuss it with the person who actually said it.
Louis Baartman has a business in Thailand why would he want to scam ppl in Cambodia. No one has given any proof here where he ever asked anyone for money. Me and so many other ppl are on the page he created for months its been going on and there has never been asked for any money. Someone even asked why do Louis need to do all the work for other ppl and not pay a monthly fee. And Louis said he does not want any money from anyone. He never should have started the page it only brings trouble to him and his wife that has done nothing wrong. Do you ppl really think that someone from SA will do something wrong in a other country to jeopardise his business that has been off the ground and everything being legally done. I think not. So for the last time he does not sell any land in CAMBODIA or anywhere in the world. He he live in Thailand and all he wanted to do is help ppl that wanted to leave SA so they can have a beter future. I am one of them that want to get away from all the crime. He was asked on his personal page by many ppl how can they go and live in Thailand and he answerd its not that easy but Cambodia is beter. Then the ppl asked him to find out some more. That is how all this started. I am still waiting for proof where Louis asked for money. He never did.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Don't have a cow man (from Louis Baartman)

How have I posted after the below poster yet appeared before him? SCAM

Wait he's posted at 11:22PM from the future?! DOUBLE SCAM
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
claude.ryst
Tourist

Post by claude.ryst »

For those who missed his latest scams. Here he appeard a THIRD time on Carte Blanche which aired 2 June 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cUZM3 ... pp=desktop
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

karma working its magic in the land of bashers & bigots
thru shit to more shit
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic