If you think you pay too much for electricity/your landlord is scamming you

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

If you think you pay too much for electricity/your landlord is scamming you

Post by vladimir »

1. Report it to EDC

2. Report it to these guys...

https://eac.gov.kh/en/
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Re: If you think you pay too much for electricity/your landlord is scamming you

Post by Popeye »

At my previous rental property, twice while I was away my electric bill was higher than when I am home for the month. First time I was away 3 weeks the next 10 days. So complaining to them, they turned off my power during the day !!! WTF.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

vladimir wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:05 pm 1. Report it to EDC

"Any licensee or consumer may refer a dispute, under the Tariff or under a contract, relating to electric power service to the EAC for resolution.

EAC is here to help you in getting better electric power service at reasonable rate in your home, industry or business.

Have you just reported your landlady Vlad? Did you have any success?

I have​ threatened EDC with their regulating body before about doing the paperwork for a new connection in a timely manner. Surprisingly it worked. 2 days later i was connected.

I have also visited the EDC head offices here in PP. The girl just laughed when i told her about the difference between the landlady's and EDC's rates. She said the rules they have don't apply to tourists. I didn't bother explaining to her that I had been living, working and paying tax here for the last 6 years.

I think we've heard enough recently about their supply voltage not being up to regulatory scratch.
See crook!!!
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

vladimir wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:05 pm 1. Report it to EDC

Can you go into more detail, please?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic