CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by Soi Dog »

ali baba wrote: Interestingly most of the comments about Joon's posts are about............ Joon's posts. Well that's surprising. It seems you are the one who focuses on gender politics whilst others argue, discuss, disagree or agree with what others have [written.
So, I find the gender politics interesting enough for discussion. Isn't that what forums are for? Why would this topic make anyone uncomfortable or offended?
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I also find the discussion interesting and haven't experienced any discomfort or offence.
I just disagree with your assertion that people support Joon due to gender bias.
Scarier than malaria.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

New to this debate and I quickly went through the last 10 pages or so. That mess didn't make much sense except, obviously, for the nirvana bashing.

Could anyone* summarize in simple words or bullet points who the good and bad guys are ? Is Kir the only genuine villain left , or has be been joined by the various dogs barking up the wrong (crab)trees ? what are Joon's primary languages, French and what ? Is a group hug in order ?

*Not Alibaba as he's obviously dysfunctional and incapable of coherent thoughts when it comes to female posters.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Soi Dog wrote:
ali baba wrote: Interestingly most of the comments about Joon's posts are about............ Joon's posts. Well that's surprising. It seems you are the one who focuses on gender politics whilst others argue, discuss, disagree or agree with what others have [written.
So, I find the gender politics interesting enough for discussion. Isn't that what forums are for? Why would this topic make anyone uncomfortable or offended?
Good. Then please start a thread with a question to stimulate debate without taking my case as an example.

Everybody who spoke up to say that they appreciated my posting before even knowing that I'm a woman did so because you kept fixating on your idea that people are giving me kudos because I'm a woman. Can you see how your argumentation became circular there?
In normal circumstances and in my normal posting, they wouldn't feel the need to go out of their way to comment on my posting style, but they would and did say that the info I gave was good or that my analysis was correct, or that they agree with me.

They commented on me as a poster in this case because 1) I have been fought with by at least 4 different posters and that I had to justify myself, my intentions and my posting, and 2) you brought up the argument that they spoke up in my favor just because I'm a woman, which then prompted people chipping in to say that it is not true they liked it even before knowing my gender, to which you then retort that they are speaking up because they learned I'm a woman!
I really hope you're seeing now the fallacy of your argumentation.

Anyway, for your gender politics thread, here's an idea, you could ask a question about positive discrimination in politics, senior leadership, or other fields that take your fancy.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

logos wrote:what are Joon's primary languages, French and what ?
French, English, Khmer, pheromones and body language.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

logos wrote:Could anyone* summarize in simple words or bullet points who the good and bad guys are ? Is Kir the only genuine villain left , or has be been joined by the various dogs barking up the wrong (crab)trees ?
The list of villains grows. This suspicious "Gonk" character seems to be quite the ne'er-do-well....constantly scheming and organizing general public mayhem with his diminutive, leather chap-wearing lackeys. He seems now to have been joined in his evil pursuits by the nefarious "Boone". This does NOT bode well for humanity.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Joon wrote: Good. Then please start a thread with a question to stimulate debate without taking my case as an example.
You're right...I should have chosen one of the hundreds and hundreds of other female posters on either forum.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

logos wrote:New to this debate and I quickly went through the last 10 pages or so. That mess didn't make much sense except, obviously, for the nirvana bashing.

Could anyone* summarize in simple words or bullet points who the good and bad guys are ? Is Kir the only genuine villain left , or has be been joined by the various dogs barking up the wrong (crab)trees ? what are Joon's primary languages, French and what ? Is a group hug in order ?

*Not Alibaba as he's obviously dysfunctional and incapable of coherent thoughts when it comes to female posters.
We actually had a group hug at the open mike night, ali baba instigated it. A bit of a sausage fest but hey, this is Bodge.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Joon wrote: Good. Then please start a thread with a question to stimulate debate without taking my case as an example.
You're right...I should have chosen one of the hundreds and hundreds of other female posters on either forum.
Anyway, for your gender politics thread, here's an idea, you could ask a question about positive discrimination in politics, senior leadership, or other fields that take your fancy.
Or...I could continue to post exactly the way I want without regard to what you think is best. How is that?
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Soi Dog wrote:
Or...I could continue to post exactly the way I want without regard to what you think is best. How is that?
You are being intellectually dishonest.
You said you are interested in gender politics. If you genuinely are, start a thread to discuss gender politics, just like Ali Baba did in the Ladies Section about insidious verbal sexism.

Instead, I think that you are just picking a bone with me specifically, in spite of you saying it's just a coincidence.
If it's just a coincidence and you are really only interested in discussing gender politics, then, as I said, start a thread discussing gender politics issues that are not based on forum members.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic