Ethereum Mining Needs More Energy Than Cyprus, Cambodia, Brunei

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ethereum Mining Needs More Energy Than Cyprus, Cambodia, Brunei

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Ethereum energy consumption is more than the entire island of Cyprus, as well as Cambodia and Brunei, according to reports.

Mining of Ethereum, which is still available with standard home hardware, “could be consuming as much as 4.2 Terawatt-hours (tWh),” Business Insider notes, citing research by Digiconomist founder Alex de Vries. The findings are part of the resource’s Ethereum Energy Consumption Index, launched to track expenditure as the network prepares to transfer from Proof-of-Work to Proof-of-stake model Casper.

In a Twitter exchange yesterday, Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin also forecasts other benefits for network participants and investors once Casper was activated. ETH token issuance rates, for example, could fall “below 0” in future, he wrote in response to a query from Ethereum Classic Fund creator Barry Silbert. Bitcoin and Ethereum energy together meanwhile...
https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum ... dia-brunei

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Ethereum Mining Needs More Energy Than Cyprus, Cambodia, Brunei

Post by Digg3r »

I never paid it much thought until koastal mentioned it a couple of weeks ago on TOF.

Have looked into it considerably since then. Over the last week I've been playing around with bits of tech I had around the home and I've built a crude mining rig.

Im still tweaking it but even with the massive price of energy here it's looking sweet. So long as ETH doesn't slip much below $300 that is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic