Why do Cambodians eat so badly?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Re: Why do Cambodians eat so badly?

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:31 pm Alonzo, I can't decide whether to perma-ban you now, or wait and let Frank Lee Bent do it.

Your question is totally a trolling question, particularly with your use of the word 'badly'.
If you google 'eat badly', you're inundated with results regarding diet. Nothing about 'greedy or grabbing'.

In short, you are a Dumb ass, and you know it.
Any idea what happened to Juansweetpotato?
See crook!!!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

My understanding is that he forgot his password.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:46 pm My understanding is that he forgot his password.
Lol, forgotten my password but logged in. Can you start to see why I think it was you?
See crook!!!
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Ok, checked up on the saying to eat badly again today with my wealthy business owning Sino/ Khmer client.
See Chook ( as in book) is a common saying thoughout Cambodia.

One the ways Khmer use it is when a friend passes by while they're having food at a restaurant for example. They will call to their friend "See Chook, see Chook!" and laugh. The meaning is " come and join us and eat everything (be greedy).

Another one of its uses is when someone in a shop asks for a too high price for something Then one might declare "see Chook! , Means you (they) eat badly.(very greedy/ grabbing). This form is an insult.

Another use is when friends are talking together in a group about the money they have made etc . Then one of the friends might declare. " See Chook" meaning you eat badly ( your very greedy) and everyone will laugh.

All forms are commonly used throughout Cambodia.
See crook!!!
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The real question should be "Why do some foreigners in Cambodia eat so badly"?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:02 am The real question should be "Why do some foreigners in Cambodia eat so badly"?
Not me mate, fresh home cooked food everyday of the week. Unless you mean why are some foreigners in Cambodia greedy/ grabbing. I guess you'd have to ask the successful business owners here, I've noticed they are of that character type. Ooooo the stories you hear!
See crook!!!
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I think only the poorest Khmers have a bad diet. The rest eat lots of fish, chicken, pork, shellfish, vegetables and fruit.
They also eat rats, grubs and insects. Plenty of protein.
Here in Australia we eat the usual fish, meat and vegetables but also chickens feet, pigs heads, shellfish, crayfish and crabs.
And lots of fruit including now apples, kiwi fruit,and passion fruit. We get free green mangos in season starting now, guavas and tamarind. The kids don’t like cake or biscuits.
It’s a pretty good diet.Far better than any of their school mates.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic