Are there agencies in Phnom Penh to be a surrogate mother?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
sassyone
Tourist
United States of America

Are there agencies in Phnom Penh to be a surrogate mother?

Post by sassyone »

I am taking a a year off to travel the world and want to be in South-East Asia and have been to cambodia before and fell in love with the people and it's culture. I cannot teach English and a friend said many countries in asia are looking for surrogate mothers. Specifically white women and I am. This interests me and I know the process should take 9 months and I have the time and would like to help a family have children who cannot.

I have seen it is frowned upon by the cambodian authorities but they cannot stop it and it's a shame any government would stop people from having kids because they cant. I have thought long and hard about this and I am ready to be a mom for someone else. I am not picky and will help anyone who is in need of children and cannot have them.

Has any expats done this for a cambodian family before or are all the parents other westerners? I need to find a reeliable agency who offers healthcare during this process and will offer mental support. Please don't talk me out of this as I have made up my mind. I never want a child of my own but giving birth is on my bucket list and I want to help people. If you know of a place that scouts for surrogate mothers point me in the right direction. I am drug free and have a clean record if that matters. I dont want a lot of money but payment for my time and thoughtfulness while I stay at home caring for an unborn baby is something I need.

I will need a 9 moonth visa and can I come as a tourist since I will not be working? My friend tried looking to do this in China but she could not find a agency with a good reputation and was scared she would be left to die if something went wrong or be stuck with a child she did not want to keep if the parents backed out. Please offer me any real advice and thank you to everyone who understands me and doesn't judge me. I am doing a good deed but I need a fair agency to walk me through a live changing experience for both me, my familyand the the family of the child.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Are there agencies in Phnom Penh to be a surrogate mother?

Post by Username Taken »

Mmm, I don't think this is possible in Cambodia. You might try Laos.

Apart from that, as giving birth is on your bucket list, there could be some possibilities in that area. Not sure about the 9 months all expenses paid though.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

why not do this in your home country? why Cambodia? :roll:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Not judging you at all, but Cambodians don't seem to have problems with procreating, and quite frankly if they did, they would probably not be looking for a surrogate foreign woman that doesn't speak their language or understand their customs.
Have you heard of Prey Sar ? It is the prison where an alleged surrogate agent from Australia is being held. Why not go have a chat with her before you do anything unconsidered ?

Lots to read here. She's been there a while.
Australian nurse arrested under new surrogacy laws.
newsworthy/australian-nurse-arrested-un ... =surrogate
All the best.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic